Hello fellow mographers. I'm curious if any of you have submitted work to Zooppa? It's basically a site for large-scale corporations to put on design contests. What are your thoughts on this model? Any experiences?

but i reckon if you dont have paying work, or if you have enough money and time to do a personal project, where you can be the art director, i reckon these sites are great.

Common sense does dictate that you shouldn't rely on these sites as a source of income though.

Thanks for the the input dan_hin and vozzz.

I wasn't aware of NoSpec movement. Will definately look into it.

It does seem like a way for the big multi-nationals to take advantage of the design community. But, like vozzz points out, it gives you a chance to develop the idea fully as art director. I wonder if these "contests"ever lead to more real work with any of the big companies?

If you make something cool and people see it, i dont see why it wouldnt lead to more big work.

Only more "big" work for no pay because you were willing to do it before.

One day a ton of content that is horrifying PR for the brand in question will be created as entries, scaring companies away from this practice in the future.

Its a fad. Once there are more instances of bad PR coming from these "contests" because they have NO control of how its distributed the madness will end. Its really just companies trying to see if they can get around using their agencies right now.

Example: