Sign in to follow this  
Cosmenot

Need help creating Light Streaks like this example..

Hi there, I am trying to create light streaks like this sample...

I've animated a streak already using 3D stroke but I haven't been able to get that look like it's a comet and there's a light flare on it. Any suggestions to get this done the quickest way would be great.

Thank you!

http://videohive.net/item/streak-light-effects/164947?ref=Karimspunjani&ref=Karimspunjani&clickthrough_id=59659970&redirect_back=true

That looks like a combination of trapcode particular and trapcode shine. Check out Andrew Kramer's tutorial from a couple years back on VideoCopilot to make the streak effect, then duplicate the Particular layer and shorten the life of the particles, precomp it, and slap shine on it to give it that lightray effect on the the first few hundred particle units.

hey there, this can be as SFBurning say's a null parent to an emitter (trapcode Particular) and then you can aply shine, glow and etc, or it can be also a path made in illustrator or in after with a stroke effect and shine, glow and etc

Hey ya'll. Have a look at this example if you will:

https://vimeo.com/20101568

I used trapcode particular to create this effect, the particle type called "streaklet" is quite easy to control to get the desired look of the strings.

Also, if you set the emitter to use a light as source, you can then add effects such as lux (in this case) or VC Optical Flares to control the look on the head of the trail.

Edited by izo