Sign in to follow this  
Carey

Drawing in C4D. Really?

Hey, wanna make something to extrude? Cool, why don't you try that bezier tool? Yeah, it could work like Illustrator, but fuck you. Oh, is that axis totally in the way? Cool, why don't you dive through this disconnected menu system to change that every single time you wan... or just fuck you. Buddy, you want to round these two corners out, don't you? Lookit, I got a chamfer tool for you, it's real slick. Try it, it's gonna unnecessarily straighten out the curves you already drew cuz fuck you in your butt face. You wanna pull a curve off of this point without screwing up the... NOOOOPE fuck you, dummy. You tryin to figure out which key is the right modifier to NOT fuck up your curve? Haha, I switched 'em on you, stupid, keep trying, it entertains me. Oh you're thinking about closing the points on that mangled piece of artwork by drawing back to the first poin NO YOU ASSTARD you do that shit wwwaaaaay the fuck over here in a rad little checkbox. You can't handle that? Get it? Handle? I made a pun cuz I like fucking with you. I also made a preset flower shape for you, cuz it's super useful all of the time, for every project, ass.

Hey, wanna make something to extrude? Cool, why don't you try that bezier tool? Yeah, it could work like Illustrator, but fuck you. Oh, is that axis totally in the way? Cool, why don't you dive through this disconnected menu system to change that every single time you wan... or just fuck you. Buddy, you want to round these two corners out, don't you? Lookit, I got a chamfer tool for you, it's real slick. Try it, it's gonna unnecessarily straighten out the curves you already drew cuz fuck you in your butt face. You wanna pull a curve off of this point without screwing up the... NOOOOPE fuck you, dummy. You tryin to figure out which key is the right modifier to NOT fuck up your curve? Haha, I switched 'em on you, stupid, keep trying, it entertains me. Oh you're thinking about closing the points on that mangled piece of artwork by drawing back to the first poin NO YOU ASSTARD you do that shit wwwaaaaay the fuck over here in a rad little checkbox. You can't handle that? Get it? Handle? I made a pun cuz I like fucking with you. I also made a preset flower shape for you, cuz it's super useful all of the time, for every project, ass.

Dear Maxon,

Please make the spline tools in C4D more like Illustrators for us designer types.

Hugs and Kisses

Binky

I find C4D's spline tools far better and easier than Illustrator's, and regulary freak Illustrator people out by demonstrating how much faster, easier and more powerful the spline tools are in C4D

I guess it's just about how you work and what you are used to

BINKY is my spirit animal.

And I, too, agree with all of this. Especially about the DJ's and the breasts.

When I first had to spend a few hours searching how to close a simple spline, I seriously felt like C4D was on my couch doin this:

tumblr_lzqzc3Jl4o1qzwmq0o1_500.gif

I find C4D's spline tools far better and easier than Illustrator's, and regulary freak Illustrator people out by demonstrating how much faster, easier and more powerful the spline tools are in C4D

I guess it's just about how you work and what you are used to

Can you make a video of yourself working with some splines or something? I have never heard anyone say anything along these lines. Binky speaks for most of us.

I wil say that if the axis problem is the one I'm thinking of (it plagued me for a while), then option-d will hide the ever-loving daylights out of the little bastard until you're ready for him to come back and drag things around some more.

Thank you Binky, and thank you Mr. Maxon.

I now prefer designing in C4D over any other piece of software.

If I could somehow minimally composite in C4D, motion blur mainly (RSMB), and faking DOF on DEADlines™, my life would be complete and I could finally ditch Adobe's pile o' poo forever.

:lol: Binky, this is one of the funniest posts I've read on this forum.

That said I hope they don't spend a ton of time fixing these things until the viewport performance sucks less on Mac when previewing animations with high poly objects or particle animations. Priorities, long-standing requests and all that.

Edited by Zmotive

This post is way funnier now that I can read the whole thing in Binky's voice. :)

Also, there are so many things I wish ILLUSTRATOR could do more like cinema 4d when drawing curves. They finally made that corner-to-curve chamfer thingy which is great except for when those corner dots take up all the space and you can't click on anything else.

Speaking of Illustrator, just yesterday I was fuming how certain pallets in that application feel like such an anachronism. At the time I was trying to scroll through the font list. Sigh.

Bravo.

Although I probably have a parallel rant every time I dive into Illustrator. In 2015, still no autosave/crash recovery in that idiotic program.

Hey, but it's a creative cloud, for some reason.