Sign in to follow this  
dotcommer

Gap in cloned object along spline wrap

Well, may not be a fix, but a workaround that I noticed was the gap did not appear when I set the Offset of the Cloner in its' Object tab to "1" rather than default "0".

Worked for me? Not sure why tho.....

:)

I've noticed that time offset in effectors can cause lots of issues when doing this sort of thing, usually having to do with when c4d internally samples an object's params at any given time. In this case, it's confused as to when it should sample the size of the object it is supposed to be deforming, because it is actively changing. Try turning off time offset. 90% of the time when I have sampling issues like this, I drop a dynamic object in a connect object. Next, I look for little hacks, like what you did here, sampling from 1% instead of 0% for example, or try and build the effect another way. Still, no dice? Then I sigh, make it editable, manually adjust (like ... stagger the keys for an offset) and move on.

c

Please no wonky hacks, unless absolutely necessary. ;)

It's shifting the Bounding Box of the Spline Wrap over the course of your animation.

Enable "Fix Bounding Box" (located at the bottom in the Spline Attributes of the Spline Wrap)

Happy 2000th post.

-m