Sign in to follow this  
semifiction

Psyop posts Softimage ICE workshop

Guest Sao_Bento

Not exactly a "masses" type of product - unless "masses" is really a euphemism for a tiny subset of 3D users.

Lets bring this beast back to the masses

This brings me to an important question: Is there any statistic out there which shows how much market share each of the major 3d apps have divided into fields like vfx, broadcast etc.? Or at least an approximation. The ICE videos are nice but Autodesk will probably cannibalize XSI in the foreseeable future and keep the good stuff for Maya/Max, what a shame...

Guest Sao_Bento

The idea that Autodesk still has XSI, Maya, and Max all at the same time confounds me. So much overlap, so little focus - I think they may have quietly out Adobe'd Adobe.

This brings me to an important question: Is there any statistic out there which shows how much market share each of the major 3d apps have divided into fields like vfx, broadcast etc.? Or at least an approximation. The ICE videos are nice but Autodesk will probably cannibalize XSI in the foreseeable future and keep the good stuff for Maya/Max, what a shame...

That's what people thought and it didn't happen so far. Fingers crossed...