Sign in to follow this  
jupiter2006

Can you I get your advice on my character animation?

it's not bad. seems really slow paced (i almost stopped it after the girl started talking). i also don't care for the character design/style. but i see that the environments are big and you're putting a lot of details in there. everything just has that basic vector look to it and it's turning me off.

You have a flash frame in there after "we love our cars", and presuming its in that weird framing because its for SD broadcast (but... its not of an ad buy-able duration), your legal line is out of title safe. Why is it in the weird SD -> HD up-convert framing in the first place?

There is a lot of dead air in the spot, with no messaging at all until 20 seconds in. If its for web, statistically, a ton of viewers will give up and drop out of the video before they even know what they are watching.

Not really character critiques as you requested, but there are a few fundamental things to look into in order to provide the client a successful campaign. With the spot as it is, they may look at their analytics and see it as a dud, never coming back for another spot.

thekinginyellow

Thank you for you critique. I agree, it is too slow paced. As far as the simple vector design, I was trying to match the design ethic of the organization, simple, flat colors. Maybe too simple though?

AromaKat

Thank you too for those very insightful observations. They have been taken very seriously and I am in the process of researching what you stated.

Do either of you have any character animation suggestions for this piece?

Can anyone recommend a character animation resource on the web? Tutorials etc?

Thanks again for your insights and time!!!!

Anyone else have any advice?

If you're interested in animation, pick up the book "The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams. It's the penultimate book on character animation -- you'll see it referenced by pretty much every animator.