Sign in to follow this  
Eduardo Moran

Motion Reel 2012 - motion-ed.com

Hello there everybody!!

This is my first post in here...

I would like to receive comments on my demo 2012:

I'm trying to start working in this motion graphics world...

I will appreciate some suggestions on how to move myself on this world too... thanks in advance!!

I'd say it's a good start from a skill-set perspective - I think I'd like to see a reel that's about half that length though. You're repeating a lot of the same stuff, and the song doesn't demand that you pad your reel with repetition - especially when a lot of the stuff its clearly material from tutorials and/or technique demos.

I agree with @daveglanz ... I'm all for learning some cool techniques from guys like andrew kramer and nick campbell but use those to develop even cooler shit. Now developing your own style is both the most difficult/most rewarding process I've ever encountered.

Everyone has there own sense of design so skip the shiny balls, voxel textures and map zooms and build something that no one else has. You'll learn a shitload along the way and the community will respond to you alot better

Cheers man and I look forward to seeing what you come up with

~Florio

Whoa!!! Thanks florio.

That's just the top reason I came to mograph.net.

I wanted to know where I am.

It's really impressive how guys in this kind of job make incredible stuff.

And you are totally right when you say: "...developing your own style is both the most difficult/most rewarding process I've ever encountered."

Thanks for your comments.

This is a project I made for my personal stuff, check it out here:

Cheers to you too man!! Thanks again!!

Hey Eduardo,

At this stage I would focus less on putting together a reel and more on creating original work. Come up with a story, concept, or message and find out how to use mograph to best explain it. I'd rather see two or three unique samples of your work that communicate something than a reel with lots of techniques you've picked up.

If you have to put the reel together it needs to be way tighter in edit and free of repeats and tutorial based stuff. Also, create a better intro, that's an opportunity to show what you can do.

Keep at it!