Sign in to follow this  
Benmasterson

AE - Repeater Delay Expression

Anyone know of an expression that can control delay of a repeater? I have a 100 or so rectangles that I need to slide into the frame at a staggered rate. Easily accomplished in mograph, but I am trying to keep this all in After Effects. In the promo for "Waiting for Superman, there are all sorts of shapes that are staggered with precision control. I'm guessing that they weren't all keyframed, and I am pretty sure a lot of the movement wasn't done in 3D. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I don't even know where to begin to try and write this type of expression.

Ben

Don't think so. All such stuff is uniform inside the repeater. Probably something you may wanna do with expressions or Card Dance/ Trapcode Form and a suitable animated map.

Mylenium

I wrote a script a while back that may help you. It won't work with the repeater though unfortunately, only on layers.

Here's a look:

You can download it here (install in your ScriptUI folder): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31275929/mg_CurveEffector.jsx

NOTE: I wrote this for CS3 and haven't updated it for CS5 or CS6. It should work fine, but I'd make sure and save before and after you use it just to be safe : )

Edited by mgrvsh