Sign in to follow this  
Nick Campbell

KVM Controlling remote Mac Pro

Howdy,

Has anyone seen a way to control a Mac Pro from another room? I need to have a place to do tutorials in a quiet room, away from the main office. However, I still want to use my main Mac Pro setup that will remain in the main office space.

Hopefully the solution is to run some sort of Ethernet or Fiber to that room and plug in a second set of monitor (including built in camera), keyboard, wacom tablet, and microphone in another room so I can do tutorials and be loud in there. Ideally, it will be identical to my main setup.

I know this has to exist, but I'm having a hard time finding a working solution.

Thanks for any insight.

Cheers,

Nick

I agree. The standard OSX screen sharing works very well on a local network. I use Cinema 4D on my MacPro via screen sharing all the time and it works great.

But can he record webcam / mic through it??

Edited by AromaKat

I think one of us is misunderstanding his situation.

My take on it was that he is trying to harness the power of his workstation while doing the tutorials, but needs to situate himself in a quiet room apart from where his workstation is for the recording. So... he needs the mic and camera to be inside that separate room that his workstation is not.

*Edit - doh! I see what your saying.

Edited by AromaKat