Sign in to follow this  
Guest SermonOfMockery

seriously what's up with all the hate

Guest SermonOfMockery

i swear to christ the design world is like that chapelle's show "player haters ball" sketch. its nothing but "everything so-and-so does looks the same, nothing is original blah blah blah." i'm so tired of it. not saying you need to like everything, but do you like ANYTHING??? it really gets old and it makes you sound like one of those a-holes that would go to a school dance and just stand in the corner with his other a-hole buddy and talk about how stupid everyone is (meanwhile everyone else is having a good time and wondering why those two a-holes showed up if they think dances are so stupid).

Guest govinda

No way! I'm so happy with design right now I'm growing roses outta my piehole. (No I didn't search for an image for that.) The Lifelong Friends dog alone is like throwing back a fistful of Zoloft.

Waaait, this is 'Pie' a la Mockery. I smelled it and came over, what a sucker I am.

Guest igorschmigor

Considering all the positive feedback people are getting for their reels and animations it does look like many of us still like a lot of things.

Well, Brett D. and Daniel K. might be exceptions. But we can't like everything.

Guest igorschmigor

P.S.: Is that still the same Sermon? The one who loved to get honest critiques, wants a design mentor who's like a Muay Thai box trainer and mainly love mograph for the brutal honesty? Come on!

Guest SermonOfMockery

if its crap, call it crap... but if it's gold, call it gold, you know? i'm not directing this at you, igor, but i just get the feeling that some people just dont like anything thats popular (BNS, buck, stardust, etc). they should crawl back in their cave and quit hating.

Guest igorschmigor

Oh, when did your status change to " Eats, sleeps, drinks MoGraph " ? I didn't notice that yet. I like that one. All right folks, be prepared for me to spam the board with another 500 useless posts.

Guest SermonOfMockery
Exactly!!!

If you don't like what Sermon likes: CRAWL BACK IN YOUR CAVES!!!

22262[/snapback]

well said!

ps is there any way i can delete this thread icon8.gif

Guest Sao_Bento
if its crap, call it crap... but if it's gold, call it gold, you know? i'm not directing this at you, igor, but i just get the feeling that some people just dont like anything thats popular (BNS, buck, stardust, etc). they should crawl back in their cave and quit hating.

22260[/snapback]

Yeah, if the majority likes it, it MUST be good.

You're not still reading that 1.5 yr old thread where you posted the Haterade thing, are you?

Govinda's right, there has been a ton of good stuff lately, and the W.I.P. thread seems to be filled with mostly positive comments. Aside from my berating a noob or two for posting COW questions, I think it seems a little less tense than it once did.

Guest fredcamino

obviously, SOMEONE has got some MAJOR insecurities. SOMEONE else also has ISSUES with EXCESSIVE capitalization.

Guest govinda
ps is there any way i can delete this thread  icon8.gif

22277[/snapback]

I got the hint, and not a chance! The comedy gods won't be dissed like that, or they'll strike down upon us and turn us all into Jello Cup brand managers.

Guest SermonOfMockery

by the way this is the kind of stuff i'm talking about (posted on Tween re: the new spots Blind did for Fuse):

"Not very fresh... when do we stop using these "fresh" colours, gradients and shapes... all the same.. boring... we've seen the 80's, we've learned the next generation what the 80's whas like.. now quit!"

Guest igorschmigor

Actually you're right Sermon. Even with a different taste one should show more respect for those highly professional studios.

Somebody probably couldn't handle the feeling that he was the only one with an unpopular taste. Oh, wait, i can relate to that. Here comes my hate: when do we stop using superskinny models, no tits, no ass, we've seen it all, it gets boring... we've seen twiggy, we've seen Victoria Beckham ... now eat!

Guest parallax

Believe it or not, there are women with small tits that don't look like they would break in half trying to lift up a spoon ;)

Guest SermonOfMockery

i like a girl built like a 12 year old boy- no tits, no hips, short hair, androgynous features, etc.