Sign in to follow this  
deceasar

Keep animation / swap models?? Possible?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to do some research. There is a hand that has been animated in Cinema. The hand needs to be swapped for a different one but they want to keep the animation they have already. I saw there was a plugin called harvester that I was going to look into. The Hand is not x-ref.

Any thoughts? Can this be accomplished?

thanks!

random...

does " VAMP stands for Vertex Map Manager and is a powerful tool for transferring point-based data from one object to another. The objects can be completely different. They can have a different number of points and a different structure."

sound helpful?

I haven't personally used it, but it seems like a lead, no?

Edited by xllr8

Brake - I'm honestly not sure. What would those differences be? I apologize for my lack of information. I tried to get more from the artist who is working on this but I guess peeps don't answer their phones on the weekend.

xllr8 - I'll have them look into that. Thanks!

Edited by deceasar

If you are using a rigged character, go to Character>Commands(or Conversion?)>Swap Object... I managed to swap out loads of low-poly crap for bits that I had copied, re-topo'd and remodelled and then used this command to slot it neatly back into the massively horrific hierarchy of my character's armature. It might work in your case, provided the two meshes are extremely similar in polycount and size and shape...

If you are using a rigged character, go to Character>Commands(or Conversion?)>Swap Object... I managed to swap out loads of low-poly crap for bits that I had copied, re-topo'd and remodelled and then used this command to slot it neatly back into the massively horrific hierarchy of my character's armature. It might work in your case, provided the two meshes are extremely similar in polycount and size and shape...

Awesome! Helps a ton. Thanks so much iline!