Sign in to follow this  
KGB

Long time no see!

So....I haven't been on here for probably about 4 years now? Um....WHAT'S NEW?!

Everyone still here?

Not really. It's now a C4D help line or PC proponents board. Or the quickest way to get in touch with AromaKat or Aaron Scott ;)

You guys seems smart. Im getting a new PC and I want to know which graphics card will be best for the Maxon Cinema 4D?

I've been told by a couple of guys with skinny jeans and wacky glasses i.e. REAL DESIGNERs, that creative work can't be done on PCs because they aren't creative computers. IT'S LIKE ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!!!

I've been told by a couple of guys with skinny jeans and wacky glasses i.e. REAL DESIGNERs, that creative work can't be done on PCs because they aren't creative computers. IT'S LIKE ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Acutally physically my osx is better than your windows. just kidding, I like that REAL DESIGNER description. I have met a few. ha ha.

(I am thinking about buying a pc now.)

Its interesting that as this forum has lost members.. No other forum has really took its place. Its a damn shame..

It is a shame. This forum was amazing pre-hack! I wonder, though, if it's not just a result of this discipline evolving and growing. 10 years ago there were far fewer people doing motion design/VFX professionally (or at least that's my perception) so it was a much smaller, tighter group. These days it's no longer such a niche discipline with a relatively small number of people who want to connect on common ground. It's full of tons of newer designers/hobbyists who just want to know how to make ___________ effect.

Just my $.02

Its true.. I was here out of need and also for the enjoyment of chatting with like minded folks.. but I always tell people I wouldn't have gotten this far in the industry without mograph.net. My art director still doesn't totally understand what I mean by that :)

Also, social networking has changed massively since the heyday of this board. Back at the height, I think myspace was still just getting big. So that may say a lot about where users were spending their time.

I wish this community was more active. I'd love to bounce ideas/boards/etc of other users heads and have more shoe modeling competitions. I felt like some users really benefited as they made leaps in their careers from this board by using the public domain to get critiqued. Now its just reel critiques which are helpful but more in the long term sense.

It is a shame. This forum was amazing pre-hack! I wonder, though, if it's not just a result of this discipline evolving and growing. 10 years ago there were far fewer people doing motion design/VFX professionally (or at least that's my perception) so it was a much smaller, tighter group. These days it's no longer such a niche discipline with a relatively small number of people who want to connect on common ground. It's full of tons of newer designers/hobbyists who just want to know how to make ___________ effect.

Just my $.02

There were shoe modelling contests here?

Shit, i'm down to start that up again.

I come here mostly to read posts about our chosen profession and what people are going through. Posts from people like Binky, C.Smith, mylenium(where is he), and numerous others, are very insightful.

Edited by oeuf

The stuff that pops up about theory and execution is why I still come around. I've gotten an education from this place. Every once in a while Ill peruse some old (read: 2008) topics and see how far peoples work has come. Its a fun trip.

If threads showcasing/crit'ing boards starting showing up, that would be super rad.

Haha.. In 2005 or so, I posted a "reel" and was oh-so politely told by board members how hopeless I was and should go back to school/re-evaluate my priorities. It sucked, but they were right :)

The stuff that pops up about theory and execution is why I still come around. I've gotten an education from this place. Every once in a while Ill peruse some old (read: 2008) topics and see how far peoples work has come. Its a fun trip.

If threads showcasing/crit'ing boards starting showing up, that would be super rad.

This forum was awesome pre c4d era. it was a mix of motion graphic with a sarcasm crash course.

Still keep coming back, mostly by inertia / nostalgia, but still i find some good posts every now and then (binky and some other smart guys)

Edited by javier g