Sign in to follow this  
saifsohailkhan

Thinking Particles maybe?

This image is my goal i think i can start in thinking particles to make this happen but i am not sure the limitations of each generator. I have been trying to find a way to link nulls together to form this kind of network but aside from applying many man hours to make it strand by strand i want to find a faster way to make this. Please any help will be appreciated. I am a intermediate level Cinema 4D user.

25uh5qx.jpg

This looks like Plexus, a plugin for After Effects.

One way to go about it in C4D, is to clone cubes on to a platonic primitive (at the vertices). Then use a tracer object on the cloner, set to "connect all objects."

You can get those thin lines by adding a hair render tag to the tracer.

Quite funny that you posted this today, was wondering as well how to get that kind of effect. I knew the basic way of getting the result, cloners & tracers, but was being too stubborn to go the "normal" route of doing things since every one abuses the fuck out of the tracer object, so wanted to figure out an another way of going about it with a bit of a different more organic look to it.

Edited by jaypeeare

Thanks guys I think the ubertracer just might do the trick. I had heard about it before but i though it would only work with TP. Since i have cinema 4d broadcast to work with TP is not available. I hope this plugin stays free so i can try it later on TP.