Sign in to follow this  
Ben Black

MASH - Mograph for Maya (kind of)

Hello,

Ian Waters here at Mainframe in Manchester (www.mainframe.co.uk) has been developing this fun set of Maya tools for Motion Graphics stuff.

Similar to Mograph in C4D. Free to download here... http://marquee.by/mash/

Recently featured on Lester Banks blog http://lesterbanks.c...tion-designers/

Cheers,

Ben

THANK YOU. Been waiting for some kind of Mograph'y thing for Maya forever, especially since Autodesk seems to (only?) care about the VFX/video game market.

I saw you had an 'instancer mode' but was wondering if there is more of a simple "Cloner Object" equivalent from C4D? I'm assuming currently in instancer mode you still would need a particle system to create the instances?

Also for those installing the latest version of Soup on OSX and Maya 2013, I got an error when trying to load the Soup plugin, and found out in the 'opensource' folder of Soup you need to unzip and copy the folder "QtCore.framework" into HD/System/Library/Frameworks. Then it loaded ok.

Thanks for the comments.

Superegophobia - I think the Instancer ID mode lets you assign different nodes to particular objects within the Waiter. Currently to have lots of objects you do need to duplicate them and add them to the

waiter. Unfortunately creating a fully working cloner would take a very long time and Ian's just developing this in down time at work and his free time. Definitely something he'll be looking into though.