Sign in to follow this  
dangomes

New Showreel (and site)

Hi,

i want to ask you guys what you thin k about my showreel.

A bit of background.

Five years ago i started to work as a digital designer, but in the first months i became a kind of digital designer (web) flash animator/motion designer, regarding the of job the accounts give me.

Now i´m thinking to move country (to uk) and also try to find a job in the motion design industry there, or at least a job where i can do some motion design, since its what i would like to do everyday.

I have compiled the showreel, my first one, to send to some recruitment agencies that i have contacted.

In the reel, i have only put motion work in it, and none of the flash/design (web), since my goal is motion design.

What to ask you guys, a sincerely opinion about it, so i can improve my next reel/work and dont do the same mistakes in the future.

Reel Link: https://vimeo.com/51882462

My portfolio: http://www.danielgomes.tv

Thanks for your time

Edited by dangomes

Nice work overall, and a great first reel. Advice I would offer for future projects would be to add more camera movement and depth to your work, as well as create some more interesting compositions. It seems like a lot of your work will build on and then come to rest in the middle of the frame. Try to add more visual interest and think about it the way a cinematographer would.

Good Luck!

Edit: site looks good by the way!

Edited by sbmotiondesign

Thanks for the reply ;), sbmotiondesign

I agree with you, i need to start trying to add more camera and depth. I'm too used for creating stuff that will be used also as static image or in web banners, that sometimes get to much stuck to that "rigid" format, and don't play with camera. That's something that i need to try to improve (among the rest off course ;) ).

Thanks

Hi, only making a little bump to this.

If anyone can take a look at my reel, i appreciate ;) i'm looking for the most feedback i can.

It was my first reel, and since i work on a basis of Digital and motion work mostly for the web (website intro, rich media banners) i'm trying to get the most advice's i can, so i can go further in the motion field.

Thanks