Sign in to follow this  
jimmyjammyhammertine

Flipping a deck of fanned out cards

Hey guys have a project coming up and one of the shots is a deck of cards fanning out like the clip

and then all flipping over... I can't seem to get the flip over effect right... i'm using the falloff scale

on a plain effector rotation, but the cards will only flip from their center axis point and the flip isn't

consistant like in the example... I really want to get the pinch effect of the flip like he has. Any thoughts

greatly appreciated! Cheers, Sean

This effect is all depending on your axis point of the object. You have to move it to the side that you want it to flip on or you can pop the object into a null & have the null act as the anchor point of your object.

I quickly put together a scene file to get what you were looking for.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/WUJZb255OC9sMHhFQmNUQw

Go to the Cloner that is cloning the cards. Under the "Object" tab there is a "X" parameter that reads "-100". That separates each clone -100 units apart. Try playing with that to get the effect. You may have to attach the cloner to a spline if you want the nice curve in the example.