Sign in to follow this  
mario5

Windows 8 upgrade hardware and software options explained

Might install it this weekend more out of curiosity than anything. I'm also curious how the Surface turns out in the long run. The first thing from MS in years that I thought "hmm that could be interesting".

That Surface commercial with the people dancing around and clicking the keyboard to the tablet is annoying as shit. Not a good first step M$.

(in my opinion of course)

I took the plunge and I did the upgrade directly from Microsoft for $40 on my Asus g75vw, but will wait a bit before migrating over to the main workstation..

C4D, everything Adobe, etc seems to work without issue. The only programs that didn't make the transition were things that were kind of "hackey", like magic disk partitioner and an virtual mounting application.

My laptop feels like an Xbox now, but I'm not too sure that is a bad thing. I didn't think I would like it, but being a heavy keyboard shortcut user I am kinda digging it. Its only been 2 hours in, and I feel like I am able to navigate around fairly well. After about a week or so if this I think I'll have it down. I do miss the start button though. Pretty sure I will catch myself not knowing how to get to a particular, rarely accessed item for weeks to come.

That Surface commercial with the people dancing around and clicking the keyboard to the tablet is annoying as shit. Not a good first step M$.

(in my opinion of course)

I see your Surface ad and raise you a MS Cloud computing one.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/12/3492532/windows-azure-rap-video-noclue-cloud-computing

"MongoDB, php, python" just..... wow....