Sign in to follow this  
artem

My personal project I made at Fabrica, Benetton

https://vimeo.com/53225039

ad1c80829bef2d5a600761d5d6bfce23.jpg

Short animation. Living colors.

Research about colors in video, optical illusions, how it affect our mind.

Idea for this short video based on jungle, wild nature. I choose jungle theme because is more fantastic world inside our world.

It contain a lot of animals which we never see in our life, in our environment. But at same time is our world. All these animals exist on our planet. It could be beautiful and terrifying, very relaxed or extremely wild. I found it interesting parallel with my research.

Do we able to see unusual things in our life? Our mind so adopted to see just what we have to see, so sometime we lost a lot of interesting things around us. In our logical, reasonable world we lost ability to see beauty around us. But my project not about this only. It's more about human mind, vision. How we see and how it affect us.

In this short animation I try to find the way how to create direct communication on sensual level not logical.

Because a lot of objects we see is not looks like we see them. Our mind constantly manage scenes we see and adopt it to more appropriate way for us. If person is in dead danger situation sometimes his vision become black and white for moment. It's a lot another examples how it works. Optical illusion exist by the same reason. Because our mind is trying to adopt picture for us. We see what we expected to see.

In this video I create surreal environment which should affect viewer mind in different way, not the same as cinema.

I'll try to create feeling without storytelling without logical scenario. Just using visual tools and our perception. Perception is the process of attaining awareness or understanding of sensory information. So as we have limited amount of senses, we can build our opinion about this reality just based on these senses. And most important is vision and hearing.