Sign in to follow this  
bzudo

c4d thinking particles spin and alignment

i'm trying to get a confetti streamer (basically a helix) to rotate on it's y-axis and also travel along the direction it's being emitted.

the problem: i can get the confetti streamer to rotate on it's y-axis with the 'pspin' node, but when i add a 'palignment' node, with the type set to 'direction of travel', c4d kills the sweet sweet rotation i had before.

any ideas on how i can get the streamers to rotate on it's own axis properly and travel along that same axis is as it's being emitted?

I just did it the lame way. I key framed the rotation of the streamer particle and used 'palignment' to get it to face the correct direction.

If anybody ever figures out how to do both in xpresso, please let me know.

Urgh. I just had the same problem with alignment. It's something to do with inheriting speed/direction/vector with thevelocity node but i was too impatient to nut it out on the job.

The PAlignment node is cancelling out the effect of the PSpin node to keep the Source axis aligned to the direction of travel. When the source axis is set to Z, rotation around the Y axis is locked.

One solution is to use document time to drive the PAlignment node's Rotation parameters: http://bit.ly/RhYKXL

User Data for Spin (degrees per second) and Variation are on the XPresso tag.

Edited by David Wickenden