Sign in to follow this  
Lab 316

How do I create a curve across multiple points?

I would knife up the back with the shapes you see in the back view (try to line up the cuts with your existing vertices), then extrude those shapes and scale your extrudes to make the curve. Then you'll need to finesse with the bevel tool and by hand as needed.

Edited by jayfaker

I would knife up the back with the shapes you see in the back view (try to line up the cuts with your existing vertices), then extrude those shapes and scale your extrudes to make the curve. Then you'll need to finesse with the bevel tool and by hand as needed.

Here's the strange this about that, is that the knife won't cut all the way across the back horizontally, in any mode. I can slice down the side, but not the back for some reason. I closed the polygon with the Close Polygon Hole command.

Here's the strange this about that, is that the knife won't cut all the way across the back horizontally, in any mode. I can slice down the side, but not the back for some reason. I closed the polygon with the Close Polygon Hole command.

1. Try restarting C4D and see if it will do it then (I've had this fix this exact thing recently).2. If it still won't, do 'optimize' on it to make sure all your points are actually connecting.Jayfaker has the right idea on this one..