Sign in to follow this  
edrhine

Notes on Cinema 4D/AE how to organize

Finally getting some learn on after a crazy start to the 2013 year and thinking about the best way to manage info about apps. Not sure if anyone else out there does this, but I take a ton of notes... like about 45 pages of blips and blurbs on crap I have figured out in C4D over time. It seems to me that I figure out things once for a job and then like 5 months to 5 years later need to solve the same problem... problem really being my limited brain space to keep all that inside.

So... I have reverted to notes, broken down by module, section, topic etc. to keep track of things. I can search that by keyword, but would love to have my notes in a more organized fashion. Was thinking about trying to create a bookmard PDF and continuously add to that but honestly my PDF skills are about a level of "Print to PDF" so not sure how much of a pain the ass that would be.

The best for me currently is is just evernote, but that "jumping"/hyperlink ability in the PDF is awesome and wondering if it is worth the effort though.

Anyone that can help me organize this better is more than welcome to a copy of whats I got. Thanks

Damn that's a good idea. Been also doing something like this but in a pretty disorganized way just text notes and using word search but having it really organized and searchable would be fantatsic (also having a way for multiple people to contribute within a studio).

I know I've been to a bunch of studios that have set up internal wiki's which could be an option, or else maybe some kind of simple database program, even some kind of blogging platform and use tags...hmmm.

No reason really why these are better than using a well organized PDF, just kind thinking out loud.

For me it's always a scene file with notes right on it, like a null on C4D or an AE layer, I save a simplified version of what I figured out. I am sure notes work just as good but for me if it's in a project I can dive right in. I keep them on my dropbox folder for quick access when I need them along with scripts and plugins categorized by either AE or C4D.

Edited by este.eri