Sign in to follow this  
destro

Outside-USA price gouging on tech...aussies gettin' angry

Wow. We officially have no need for parody anymore.

Reality covers every aspect of it.

S.Jobs statement, when Warnock resigned as CEO, that Adobe

is just a bunch of suits couldn't be better illustrated

Cheers

Lennart

I acknowledge that that could have been handled better, but I encourage you to look past the manner of delivery in that video and see the actual step in the right direction that was taken by the equalization of prices for one product line. It's not all products, but it's a step.

For whatever it's worth, Steve Forde and I (and other members of our team) are trying to do what's right for you, our customers. Change doesn't all come at once, and it can be frustrating for us, too.

We're not "just a bunch of suits".

For whatever it's worth, Steve Forde and I (and other members of our team) are trying to do what's right for you, our customers. Change doesn't all come at once, and it can be frustrating for us, too.

I've never doubted that you have our best interests in mind. It's your bosses that worry me.

Todd, I am positive that you and many others at Adobe are doing their

outmost to be helpful and informative regarding the -use- of the software.

Never the less you are working for a company that uses the free market

to -limit- the idea of a free market by fencing territories for no other

reason than differentiated prices where we as customers cannot buy

(or rather register) the product if not bought in the "correct" territory.

I can't even go to the US store to check without being re directed to

"my" European/Swedish shop with prices that are considerably higher.

Again -your- work is topnotch, Adobe as a cooperate thou is one of the

worst kind in this category. It is scary that it takes a Government to

get Adobe some kind of realty input, and this video with your CEO

clearly shows how alienated Adobe is from its users.

Cheers

Lennart

Truth. I have the upmost respect for the people who develop and support Adobe products...but this video of Adobe's CEO is outright disgusting. It's one thing to "sidestep" a question, but it's another thing entirely to directly insult your customers' intelligence like this.

Creative Cloud's price drop is poor condolence for users who don't want a license to Creative Suite. As several publications have pointed out, it's still cheaper for Australians to fly halfway around the globe and buy a copy of CS than it is for them to just order it from home. The markup remains well over $1000.

Todd, you and your team are fantastic people and your dedication to your product and the community surrounding that product are exemplary. But your CEO is a dick.

having lived in australia. I can honestly say the $1000 markup on adobe products is the smallest concern of inflated prices. Granted its the one with least logic behind it.

but here have a look at the cheapest internet provider: http://tpg.com.au

Or their price of alcohol. I remember when i got to new york i was shocked how cheap australian wine was there. the same bottle in sydney: $30, in New york $9!

cigarettes $22/pack? Rent? ( its is marginally smaller than new york) buy marginally i meant $2000 vs $1900 a month.

their mobile phone plans are also just as ridiculous. Although i heard they got better since i left.

Australia is just a very expensive country to live in. mostly because of the $22/hour minimum wage.

hence companies try to squeeze some extra money out of them.

And now that they discovered all that oil, its not going to get any cheaper.

I don't get this CEO though. I mean how do you get there and be that limited in his ability to answer questions. For future reference, practice this line infront of the mirror.

"Our pricing scheme in australia reflects the increased cost of doing business in a country with very strict laws, high taxes and very high minimum wages. Sales staff, support staff, office space rental and other miscellaneous expenses. We are however working on streamlining our business model to bring the cost of products in your country to match those in the USA"

Edited by vozzz