Sign in to follow this  
SFBurning

Tremors in the VFX industry

Apology accepted:)

I def think stuff like the freelancers union and stuff like that is good jjust want to build on the momentum to see what we can do.

Personally I agree I don't think enforcement is possible. I also agree there is a lot of variation in jobs. But having a standard document that can be modified is a good starting point at least.

For example it seems like there is huge turnover in producers, lots of less experienced producers out there, I feel dometimes like a broken record going over the same info of what I need to do a quote to each new producer, if there was a more standard bid form it could help me do my job...and also help the producers do theirs.

It's a win, win. Again I'm sure there will be jobs that are exceptions or where the form

Needs to be modified but it's a starting point at least. Now we could all develop our own forms but there is a certain momentum and acceptance that comes from the perception that it's an industry standard.

Anyhow all I'm saying is there are practical things like this (even if not exactly this) that could be good first steps, and my two cents is it's worth looking at.

I feel a bit out of place in this thread as I am

In neither camp. I don't think the sky is falling but in my 8 years doing this for a living I have seen some really crazy and dysfunctional business practices and I'd like to see us try and make some improvements where we can knowing that nothing is ever going to be perfect.

I can't quite put my finger on the correct literally device, im leaning towards irony...

but there is definitely something about a millionaire buying a studio that was supposedly driven to bankruptcy because of outsourcing to the country which said millionaire is from...

Fox news: GO!

having a fly on your avatar is very representative of your general attitude :)

Wow, what is this high school?...You're back with the personal attacks and negativity. But like flies on shit I will continue to report what is happening.

Regarding your continual attacks against me and others on here. No one is impressed. Coming from a “nobody” that has a monkey avatar. You are just trying to publicly show the world and your clients by being a false cheertard putting down others. Classy.

How dare they want to know what's going on. So your plan is basically backfiring. You are looking stupid. You can't seem to see reality, thats what got your ass sent right back to budapest. And has had you in your 4th career as you mentioned prior. Boom.

If there was anything untrue about the article, please let me know. Boom.

Otherwise you are being a cheertard troll in a thread which is very real. What's worse is you have nothing of proof to the contrary, you just talk shit. You aren't a part of this industry. I'm sorry. You are a peon. Boom.

Maybe you are in denial living out of your mom's house in budapest. But it's actually tools like you that are making the industry worse by spreading misinformation from Budapest. Good luck with that. Now go away. The tech threads need you to answer the kid's questions. :P

Wow, what is this high school?...You're back with the personal attacks and negativity. But like flies on shit I will continue to report what is happening.

Regarding your continual attacks against me and others on here. No one is impressed. Coming from a “nobody” that has a monkey avatar. You are just trying to publicly show the world and your clients by being a false cheertard putting down others. Classy.

How dare they want to know what's going on. So your plan is basically backfiring. You are looking stupid. You can't seem to see reality, thats what got your ass sent right back to budapest. And has had you in your 4th career as you mentioned prior. Boom.

If there was anything untrue about the article, please let me know. Boom.

Otherwise you are being a cheertard troll in a thread which is very real. What's worse is you have nothing of proof to the contrary, you just talk shit. You aren't a part of this industry. I'm sorry. You are a peon. Boom.

Maybe you are in denial living out of your mom's house in budapest. But it's actually tools like you that are making the industry worse by spreading misinformation from Budapest. Good luck with that. Now go away. The tech threads need you to answer the kid's questions. :P

Boom :D

@BoArlander, im very sorry if you took this so close to heart. I always target anonymous people. I think i mentioned that before. And i do it, because i don't like anonymous people. Especially the ones that remind me of Fox news.

this is a community we are in, and yelling "we all gonna die" with anonymity, is kinda like walking into a bar wearing a ski mask, and telling people that the government is poisoning the beer and water supply and everyone should gather together and do something about it. And then yell insults at people who disagree. :)

@BoArlander, im very sorry if you took this so close to heart. I always target anonymous people. I think i mentioned that before. And i do it, because i don't like anonymous people. Especially the ones that remind me of Fox news.

this is a community we are in, and yelling "we all gonna die" with anonymity, is kinda like walking into a bar wearing a ski mask, and telling people that the government is poisoning the beer and water supply and everyone should gather together and do something about it. And then yell insults at people who disagree. :)

Did I say that we're all gonna die? Sounds like you are putting words in my mouth. Do I have a ski mask and I'm walking into a bar? No. Therefore, are you the one that sounds like fox news? Yes!!

Are you the one who is slinging insults at every turn? Yes.

You are attacking people on here for reporting the news. And being overall aggressive to anyone with an anonymous name.

Sounds like you are trying to impress someone? I'm not.

So your statements are about as analogous as dirt to a rose.

Edited by BoArlander

I guess what shocks me is that people like vozzz are actually laughing at others misfortunes. And then put words in my mouth. I never said anything about unions. I work alot myself but I consider the other talents who are getting screwed... my friends. From the designers all the way down to the secretaries. I care. Like the people at R&H, and DD who were royally screwed in relocations.

Sorry vozzz, i don't get your need to derail this valuable forum time. It's a forum to discuss topics. I've contributed plenty positive comments here and to the other threads. Please. Get with the program or go to another thread. Enough with the derailments. Stay on topic or just go silent.

Edited by BoArlander

Im not laughing at anyone. Those people got screwed, but they are all very talented im sure they will find new jobs very quickly. unemployment benefits, income insurance and savings accounts exist for this very specific reason.

I derail this for a very simple reason. You are trying to scare people into unionising (or whatever you want to call it).

That's it. I just feel it to be my responsibility, to point out people like you and that this is not the way to move forward, so other people don't get sucked into your crap.

All my so called trolling (cheertrolling...?). Is just here to make it painfully obvious to other people that you will go down to personal insults and try to make me look like an evil guy, just to bring your point home. (that's why i quote your wonderful posts, so you cant delete them).

jf0Pw.gif

Im not laughing at anyone. Those people got screwed, but they are all very talented im sure they will find new jobs very quickly. unemployment benefits, income insurance and savings accounts exist for this very specific reason.

You clearly have not been following any news whatsoever. You aren't on the ground at all other than a few peon clients you might have. The anonymous people on here, I can tell they are definitely on the ground.

On the subject of fraud...You should update your profile. You are living in a delusional fantasy. You are really in Hungary, not NYC. You know damn well that your location is not NYC. Stop dreaming.

I derail this for a very simple reason. You are trying to scare people into unionising (or whatever you want to call it).

Do you not read? I just said prior that I'm not calling for a union. Throughout I've been pretty clear that it's more about knowing the trends for me. I know and others have the vision too, that change is possible. Brick by Brick. But definitely knowing the news and seeing through the smoke and mirrors is my goal. I won't apologize. My intentions are good.

And ummm, I've been around the scene for a while now. Probably alot further along than you think, to be honest. And I intend to protect that with anonymity.

So here's where you attack my work ethic. I'm probably one of the hardest working people on here. Second to almost noone. But it's not a competition so I'm locking you out of that angle.

Quote away. But don't forget reading comprehension. And please stop putting words in people's mouths. Get yourself an ADD medicine. You need it.

RIP reading comprehension.

Edited by BoArlander

Vozzz. You officially get troll of the year. But are you proud of this? You are making a fool of yourself.

I'd never hire you to work on any of my projects. You have serious ADD. At the cost of people's getting valuable news articles that are on topic.

If you don't know how to operate in a forum, I sure wouldn't want you around my projects. You would distract others and make it hard for anyone to get real work done.