Sign in to follow this  
SFBurning

Tremors in the VFX industry

And by all of this, you are again laughing at the cost of the people who got burned and continuing to get burned. I'm sure you won't be getting any help from them on your next project. Good luck with that.

They definitely want their voices heard. But you believe in silencing them. I'll be sure to point out this selfish, incompetent point of view to them. By pointing them this thread. Good luck.

You are living in fantasies of work, you aren't even getting.

You. Being a peon. Mean nothing to me. You aren't in the game. You live at your mom's house in Budapest. Get real and stop clowing around. You are just making a fool of yourself, more and more.

I doubt you even buy your own software. But that's another story right? Mr. Honesty?

Edit: Whoops you logged out pretty quick there. Sent you running? I thought you wanted a witchunt?

Edited by BoArlander

Ha, ok ok.

As an arch nemesis of Vozz, let me just give you some advice Bo, it is of no use.

Best to pull the plug. We've all been to his site, seen his work, and know why he hates anon posters.

His job here is done.

I'd like to continue arguing about the state of our industry, no matter how ugly that gets.

Edited by microdot

Just a camper passing through with an observation.

The edit post™ button is sweet, but anyone worth their salt knows you write out long winded Threadclog™ in a text editor.

Proceed with the Tit vs Tat BoomFest™.

Boom

That was fun. And I can honestly say it was worth defending in the name of my friends. Glad we do see there are some discrepancies of his own statements. Silenced.

Thanks Microdot and others like oeuf, anothername, etc for having my back here. I mean well and I certainly can see that you mean well too. I usually like to have a sense of humor and I can honestly say I don't regret defending my position. Nor my highly talented friends who are unemployed, wage raped, and now getting insulted by a clown.

It's simple, if people don't like it. They should ignore what I say. I won't be hurt. Simple as that. But to try to “evilize” me unfairly...or silence me by spamming. That's just going to piss me off. And when I lose my sense of humor...god help us all.

Anytime anyone tries to clog this thread and derail it. I'm going to have to unclog it. :D

Back to our regularly scheduled program. Reality.

snap.

Quick! Grab as many new Mac Pros as you can and build a fort!

Leave a little window so we can see out!

Once that's built you hold them off while I pack for the Philippines!

Edited by microdot

And Robert Leger, man, it's good that he's found what's important in life.

Agreed good comment. Ironically when you have a wife and kids, earning a good living is equally as important as the balance itself. Always need to have that money stashed away just in case. This is why people have such a tough time getting it right in the first place. It's a bit of a fairy tale in LA/NY based motion design. I can't speak for other places.

For example the amount of time we end up needing to spend on researching systems, software, new version features, rhtoric about the features, plugins, design blogs, and upping our game in general. Then our own websites, blogs, logos, montages, etc.

Not to mention sales aspect of finding clients and/or freelance work. Balance is much easier said then done atleast in a major US city like LA/NY with expenses.

I wonder what Robert got paid on that job. After all, the costs no matter what outweighed the profits. Without being sarcastic, he went literally in the red for that client with his own blood.

And, I doubt it payed very much actual profit if any. That's why these jobs go to smaller studios in the first place. In the end, budgets are half of what it should be. The marketing departments that award the jobs have learned how to manipulate the system.

Edited by BoArlander