Sign in to follow this  
baynoise

Mograph + Bikes

Bikes are the best way to get around in Munich. Sometimes i even forget where i parked my car, cause i didn't use it for such a long time.

After riding an old, beaten up Mountain bike for years, i recently got me a shiny new Cremé citybike with decent fenders a sturdy rack and a dynamo that actually works (sounds like i'm getting old, but cycling in rain or darkness is definitely more comfortable now).

Is it wrong that one of my requirements for working at a shop is that they allow me to park my bike inside?

Of course, if they do good work blah blah blah... bike in office.

Adobe built a new building in Utah that has a dedicated bike room with racks and all the tools/equipment you need for maintenance. They also provide a free riding kit (jersey,bibs, etc) if you commute in on bike consistently.

Pretty cool stuff.

-gl

Adobe built a new building in Utah that has a dedicated bike room with racks and all the tools/equipment you need for maintenance. They also provide a free riding kit (jersey,bibs, etc) if you commute in on bike consistently.

Pretty cool stuff.

-gl

Wow. Sounds like a great place to me!

I highly recommend Surly's. They are very well made no frills bikes/frames. They may not be the lightest and come in glow in the dark colors but if well taken care of will last. The riding conditions in Chicago are rough and my Steamroller handles it great. With the crazy weather conditions/pot holes in the city I went with something simpler. Gears are nice but the winter and salt destroys them. For me a simple freewheel single speed is great for city commuting and low maintenance.

I'm guessing I'm a lil older than the lot here (41). But I lived for BMX'ing in the early-mid 80's. The only time I ride now is at Burning Man. But for BM I got a hybrid cruiser/mountain bike and wired it with shit loads of blue LEDs on a battery pack and replaced the handlebars with bigger cruiser types. So now that I live in Santa Monica on the border of Venice, law forbids me not to ride around on a bike so about to get up in it again. But I also ended up getting one of those KickPeds (adult Razor-type scooter) so I might as well officially be down to one testicle. But hey, easy as hell to get around and to pick up and walk in somewhere. Cool story, Bro.

Nice, looks like my bike! http://instagram.com/p/MysQXzkAGl/

Although it's all ugly and beat now from riding it all winter. They like to use a lot of salt on the roads here which is awesome for your bike...

Twinsies!!!!

I'm guessing I'm a lil older than the lot here (41). But I lived for BMX'ing in the early-mid 80's. The only time I ride now is at Burning Man. But for BM I got a hybrid cruiser/mountain bike and wired it with shit loads of blue LEDs on a battery pack and replaced the handlebars with bigger cruiser types. So now that I live in Santa Monica on the border of Venice, law forbids me not to ride around on a bike so about to get up in it again. But I also ended up getting one of those KickPeds (adult Razor-type scooter) so I might as well officially be down to one testicle. But hey, easy as hell to get around and to pick up and walk in somewhere. Cool story, Bro.

When I mentioned earlier getting an adult bike, I was upgrading from a BOSS Road Hog I'd been riding for the last 15 years. Amazing bike, only reason I switched it up was that it wasn't practical for distance and hills (and I work mostly in SF).

Since my bicycle was stolen outta the garage this summer, the only 2-wheeler I've got left is this monstrosity. Love her to death.

I'm sure I look the part of an enormous douche, and will likely come to an inglorious end under a loaded minivan or something, but until then...

Since my bicycle was stolen outta the garage this summer, the only 2-wheeler I've got left is this monstrosity. Love her to death.

I'm sure I look the part of an enormous douche, and will likely come to an inglorious end under a loaded minivan or something, but until then...

Douche my ass. That's a piece of pure Italian magic.

You just went up in my estimation of you...if that was possible. I hope to get a Ducati Monster this summer. Love the sound of the Ducs!

-gl

I'm still more into motorcycles than bicycles, but I am rockin' my nude carbon Trek Y-bike. I built it from the frame up in 1997 and when the mountain bike bubble burst (about the time the dot-com bubble did) I scooped up all kinds of trick parts for it...paid pennies on the dollar. Titanium fork, carbon cranks and hubs, the works. I even have a ton of spares NIB.

Cf