Sign in to follow this  
pamunoz

Cinema 4D Motion Graphics Tutorials

Hi everybody!

I am asked to purchase some software tools for a workstation we're setting up for motion graphics. It's for a small TV company who is looking to produce some motion graphics in house. They are allowing me to buy Cinema 4D along with some other software so right now I'm compiling a list together. I have 2 questions:

Question 1: I don't see the sense in paying for the full Cinema 4D Studio suite since we're not going to be doing advanced 3D with this software. I'll be using Cinema 4D primarily for motion graphics work and in-house designed channel air-packs, so am I right to be asking to buy "Cinema 4D Broadcast"? Is that the right version to get or is there a feature that I may regret not having that's on another version?

Question 2: I need to learn Cinema 4D fast. I am working with some graphics people to design an air-pack for a new channel and of course, I don't expect that I'll be a pro overnight, but I do need to dive and learn the commonly used mograph relevant functionality of this software. I have a Lynda.com account already and it looks like they have some good stuff there? Would you say it's a good resource to get quick training on cinema 4D or is there something else out there that you can recommend?

Thank you for your time and help! :-)

Patricio

If you can swing it, I'd spring for the version of C4d with all the bells & whistles (Studio version I believe). You may not think you need stuff like hair & cloth, but that stuff does crop up in motion graphics from time to time. I once did a jellyfish made out of type that used cloth for the tendrils. As for training, greyscalegorilla.com has a bunch of nice tutorials to get you going. Cineversity & FxPhd are other options for paid tutorials. Good luck!

Hey Patricio

Well done on going for C4D, I've experimented with a few 3D applications, and I found Cinema 4D to be the most intuitive and easy-to-use program.

Studio is probably your better option in terms of version of C4D as your skills grow, you'll find yourself exploring the program more you'll start utilizing the other features more.

As for tutorials, digital tutors has a great selection, cmivfx, fxphd and greyscalegorilla have a great selection of tuts. I also have a selection of my own c4d tuts and presets on my site www.musecreative.net so if you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Good luck with your Cinema 4D adventure!

Lynda.com is good for learning the basics quickly. Once you want to do anything more advanced you'd be better off with some of the other tutorials sites already mentioned in the thread.

If you can swing it, I'd recommend going straight to the full Cinema 4D package. There are many time-saving tools you'll be missing out on if you buy just the broadcast version.