Sign in to follow this  
Grundly

Octane for C4D released

It's one of these machine locked deals, you can only activate it on one machine at a time - as opposed to C4D for example where you can install it on 2 machines but only run it on one at a time. If you're fortunate enough to have 2 machines with decent Nvidia cards then it would definitely get tiresome to keep switching your license back and forth. Would be surprised if that was a deal breaker for anyone though

Oh you can download octane livedb materials in the plugin (i am running beta 0.8 available on the forums, it is an option in the top of the live render preview.

I agree with froj, as a new licensee, for the price they are charging say compared to v-ray it is hardly extortionate to buy another seat, and they also run multiple bundle discounts.

One of the key reasons I went for octane is that they are going to cloud rendering with v1.5 that may offer a more cost effective solution than rigging up your own multiple gpu setup. Also the only other machine I would put this on would be my laptop, and tbh for most cases just running the demo may be enough for that

Oh yeah I know the liveDB works, especially the staff made ones at the bottom are pretty nice. I thought we were talking about custom built shaders from the standalone. Should be posting my first full Octane project pretty soon!

Cheers Matt

Oh yeah I know the liveDB works, especially the staff made ones at the bottom are pretty nice. I thought we were talking about custom built shaders from the standalone. Should be posting my first full Octane project pretty soon!

Cheers Matt

groovy keep me posted, so i lost some of today standing over a sick mac pro, which is now all better, all i can say if don't try and be clever and stick your 660 in pci express slot 3, as 'apparently 4 lanes makes no difference' i read somewhere, it does and it makes your hard drives go funny......so everything back in slot 2 and hope my EVGA don't burn too big a hole in the wall with their back exhausts!

Hello, I was curious about people using pcs with multiple GPUs, what kind of power supply do they have? I saw a video where they ran 4 titans with a 1600W PSU ...

Is 1200w will be ok?

thanks.

Hello, I was curious about people using pcs with multiple GPUs, what kind of power supply do they have? I saw a video where they ran 4 titans with a 1600W PSU ...

Is 1200w will be ok?

thanks.

Look up the required power usage of the video cards you are planning on getting, then add them up, along with your processor, etc.

Look up the required power usage of the video cards you are planning on getting, then add them up, along with your processor, etc.

4x600w + 130w cpu + 100 w for the rest = a nuclear power plant.