Sign in to follow this  
rollowenlock

New video sharing and review platform

Hey guys,

i'm in a startup which is releasing a new product called WIP.

WIP is a beautifully simple video workflow platform that allows comments to be made directly on your work-in-progress videos.

This can work really well here on Mograph when you want to share some work-in-progress.

You can get free access as of today! : www.wipvideos.com

Have a look.

We see it as a replacement for Vimeo and Dropbox for the review section of video making.

We have released the basic Alpha version, we're currently working on the Beta which will be released in a couple of months.

Edited by rollowenlock

Hi Vozzz, glad you're into the idea. We've talked to over 100 prod co's and freelancers, and the combined enthusiasm is helping us push forward as fast as we can. We are currently in a startup accelerator www.lightninglab.co.nz and the version of WIP you see on the site is the most basic version. We are currently smashing out Alpha V 0.6 which will have a lot more functionality, including 'public links' which will mean people can post their work-in-progress here on the forum and anyone can write their comments all over the video, image and time specific.

If you're working with it, i'd love to hear from you about what worked and what sucked.

Hey Grundly, Cage is a great piece of software, but they are aiming at the designer market with video as an addition. Our point of difference is aiming at the video market only, and making it work perfectly for them. As a mograph designer myself for over 15 years i'm trying as hard as I can to make WIP work for guys like us.

We currently have our prototype version available to use at www.wipvideos.com so you can see where we are going with it. As we are a startup in an accelerator, we are iterating DAILY! So you'll see new functions and fixes allll the time.

We love feedback, have a go if you've got a few mins and let us know what sucks and what you want it to be, we learn fastest that way.

ps we DON'T support firefox until they support H.264 !!

This sounds great. I love how simple and concise the explainer video is (although the VO sounds like it was recorded off a laptop). I signed up for the alpha but got this error when I clicked the activation link in my email:

Server Error in '/' Application. The resource cannot be found.Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /Alpha/Activate

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18033

I'm on a Mac Pro with OS X 10.7.3 using Chrome version 23.0.1271.91

Also, does this interface with any other online documentation or project management software? Some of the studios I work at use basecamp, and I use Google docs for cataloguing notes. I often want to have a cheat sheet of consolidated notes once I understand what time code each comment corresponds to.

Hi Cosmo,

the video is currently being updated (my actor mate recorded the VO on his iphone in a meeting room!) its just to fill the gap.

The error is terrible news, I've got the developer looking into what has broken. You should be able to get in there by your morning San Fran time.

We are looking to interface with other software, our API will be wide open to let this happen. Our first connection is trying to be one-click export from FCPX straight to WIP! (we'll see how we go, very early talks at this stage).

**Update, its all fixed.

Edited by rollowenlock

Hey Rollowlock,

Interesting concept and see if working well to a degree. One question, If I were to upload a file onto the server for feedback. Will the client need to registered an account on the Wip website in order to view the animation?

Cheers,

+Z

If I were to upload a file onto the server for feedback. Will the client need to registered an account on the Wip website in order to view the animation?

No they wouldn't, all they need to do is click a link in an email and they are reviewing your video and giving timecode accurate feedback right on the video. Tidy.

I've always felt that Dropbox missed a huge opportunity with a review system. Hello Dropbox!!? You serve video to a video/filmmaker community. Thank goodness they at least some really "professional" grading features. Actually, it looks like they dropped those.

Anyway, this looks pretty cool. Once upon a time i used Xprove, but I found the interface kind of clunky.