Sign in to follow this  
J Montreuil

Footage error when importing into AE

I've never seen artifacts like that before (if those dots are artifacts, was the original is just a couple of coloured "00s"?) I assume you've tried the obvious to eliminate issues - update graphics card drivers, resart. Do you have another machine and/or version of AE you can try import it into to test whether it's your hardware/software playing up? I would also try and convert it to another format, I know this isn't ideal for quality but if there are issues encoding it then the file is probably corrupted somehow. Also, a long shot but check that AE is interpreting the file correctly (right click, main, interpretation). Oh, and I used to just disable openGL in AE when funky stuff was happening, last time I looked the option seemed to be gone but it might be hidden somewhere.

I'm guessing the file plays OK in quicktime, what are the dimensions and file type/codec of the file?

This error is an encoding error - certain formats can have data beyond visible pixels and AE misinterprets this. If it's a QT file for instance, it could be as easy as re-exporting it, otherwise you may simply need to run it through some external converter.

Mylenium

Edited by Mylenium