Sign in to follow this  
superegophobia

Where to get good paintings/photographs/art?

I'm not sure if you mean you want to buy or look at stuff but this should give you a good start for online stuff anyway:

-deviantart.com : Giant arts community, photography, 3D, sculpture - you name it, it's there. You can also buy stuff from their store.

My only thing is that there is no way to filter the terrible or disinteresting stuff you would rather not see. (Expect to see lots of art related to My Little Pony. Ugh)

You can also view just the good shit by hitting the "popular for _____" - this filters some of the amateur stuff a little bit. (Not that amateurs are bad, one day they may be good).

-behance.net : Giant arts community for all fields, like above but less terrible stuff for some reason. Just bought by Adobe.

-conceptart.org : Concept art for movies and by hobbists trying to get better.

-cgsociety.org : Mostly 3D or CG images. Some behind the scenes art of movies.

-abduzeedo.com : trending creative stuff, from all fields. They do a "daily inspiration" post every now and then from all creative fields that I sometimes check out.

=beta.imaginefx.com : Good place for painters, conceptarts and other things. Also do tutorials.

-museumofbadart.org : This place is glorious, and I want to go there some day. :D

Edited by rjb

I'm not sure if you mean you want to buy or look at stuff but this should give you a good start for online stuff anyway:

Thanks, I'll check them out. Yea I meant to buy some framed prints or original paintings (if they're not crazy expensive) to hang on the walls and such.

In LA, Sunset Junction area has a few shops. Silverlake / Echo park has a good density of shops.

I live by Wackos, so I tend to go there most often. There are a couple others on vermont, just north of Sunset.