Sign in to follow this  
Todd Kopriva

details of what's new and changed in the next version of After Effects

This is only tangentially related to After Effects, but I read somewhere that Premiere can leverage multiple GPUs to accelerate rendering. Any idea if Media Encoder has the same capability? I noticed that h.264 rendering has been deprecated out of AE - so we're sending AE renders on over to AME.

Are we gonna be slamming as many cards as we can fit into our boxes soon Todd? ;)

Lumme, that looks like a superb upgrade. Can't wait for the integration with C4D, this could save hours of time. Thanks for the link Todd.

When's this due to be released?

This is only tangentially related to After Effects, but I read somewhere that Premiere can leverage multiple GPUs to accelerate rendering. Any idea if Media Encoder has the same capability? I noticed that h.264 rendering has been deprecated out of AE - so we're sending AE renders on over to AME.

Are we gonna be slamming as many cards as we can fit into our boxes soon Todd? ;)

AME doesn't use the GPU itself. The closest it comes is that the headless version of Premiere Pro that it uses to render Premiere Pro sequences can use the GPU.

I don't think that this release does anything to increase dependence on the GPU for any of the applications.

How does Cineware handle GI renders and scenes with many objects and high poly counts?

Hitting render from AE means that both c4d and ae will be rendering at the same time?

Hitting render from AE means that both c4d and ae will be rendering at the same time?

There's a background CineRender process that renders Cinema 4D content and passes it into After Effects during rendering. So, yes, two applications will be going at once. This is similar to how Dynamic Link works now.

There's a background CineRender process that renders Cinema 4D content and passes it into After Effects during rendering. So, yes, two applications will be going at once. This is similar to how Dynamic Link works now.

Amazing. Looking forward to this and how it develops in the years to come.

Hate to tell you this, but looks like you forgot to add timeline folders in that feature list! Don't worry, sure they're included, and if you sneak them in now I won't tell :P

Is it limited to a particular type of renderer or can we choose to use Vray / Octane etc? Can it be spread across a farm?

Is it limited to a particular type of renderer or can we choose to use Vray / Octane etc? Can it be spread across a farm?

I don't think that you can swap in these other renderers, and I'm sure that the CineRender process's work can't be spread across a farm.

More details coming soon.

(BTW, I'm not the 3D expert on our team, so the more involved Cinema 4D integration questions I'll pass on to someone else.)

Edited by Todd Kopriva

I don't think that you can swap in these other renderers, and I'm sure that the CineRender process's work can't be spread across a farm.

Let's say we are rendering a more complex project across a farm or using Vray. Could cineaware be used to just dynamically update, camera, lights, nulls from the C4D project? If I could just get away from having to keep bringing in the new .aec and copy pasting nulls and cameras I'd be happy:)

Chris, you win! I knew that someone would bring that up, and you did it first. If you send me your mailing address (kopriva @ adobe dot com), I can send you your prize.

I really, really, really hope the prize is a photo of you giving him the finger.

Chris, you win! I knew that someone would bring that up, and you did it first. If you send me your mailing address (kopriva @ adobe dot com), I can send you your prize.

I love winning, even if it is for the most predictable forum member competition.

Wait - what's that? A lifetime subscription to creative cloud? Aw, you guys! ^_^

I hope someone makes a palette with shortcuts so you can jump around the various Cineware settings. Clicking the popup in the effects palette will get old quick. Or do you think it will have an Adaptive Resolution type thing?