Sign in to follow this  
Todd Kopriva

details of what's new and changed in the next version of After Effects

I hope someone makes a palette with shortcuts so you can jump around the various Cineware settings. Clicking the popup in the effects palette will get old quick. Or do you think it will have an Adaptive Resolution type thing?

Your use of comic sans is excellent. It gives these times some much needed lightness.

Seems like they added some nice workflow enhancements as well. These are amongst my favorites:

• bicubic scaling (and other sampling)
  • snapping of layer features in the Composition panel
  • commands for finding missing footage, missing effects, and missing fonts (thanks for listening)
  • If you had missing frames in an image sequence, previous versions of After Effects would say something like this “After Effects warning: The sequence has 3 missing frames.” In the next version, the message is much more useful: “After Effects warning: Animal[1-6].psd is missing 3 frames (2, 4-5).” Also, there is now a preference, Report Missing Frames, that allows you to turn this warning off if it is annoying. (relief!)
  • After Effects was unable to render and export a QuickTime file greater than 2.15GB over certain networks. This has been fixed. (even bigger relief!)

And finally the one everybody has been waiting for:

• Gradient colors can now be randomized using Brainstorm. Woah!!!
Edited by levante

Will Cineware work with C4D 13?

See the page that I linked to at the beginning of this thread:

"The new integration between CINEMA 4D and After Effects allows you to import a .c4d file from CINEMA 4D (version 11 or later) into After Effects and use the 3D scene and its elements directly within After Effects by using the new CINEWARE effect and the background CineRender renderer."

Will Cineware work with C4D 13?

-gl

LIke Todd said, AE will load those files, but for the direct connection between CINEMA 4D and AE the integrated R14 Lite version will be used. Only a current R14 can be used instead of Lite.

So, if I have Mograph elements in a R13 file but, use Lite for the direct connection, do I loose the Mograph components?

-gl

Lite only features a small subset of the full MoGraph functionality.

As much as there is a lot of exciting potential in this the performance in the AFX viewport even with a very simple scene looks very choppy. In fact what I'd really like to see is better viewport performance in aftereffects full stop (looks at premiere mercury engine). Also if there was a feature where the multi processing actually made the render faster instead of slower that really would be a great feature.