Sign in to follow this  
graymachine

Wut Wut! Portland!

WHUTUPPORTLAND.

So, who's still here in the PDX? Based on what I heard at NAB, people seem to thing I either live in LA, San Francisco or Seattle. I'd love to get a feel for who is here, where they are working, how the scene is grooving. I've only met a handful of people.

I was thinking maybe a mograph meetup at Ground Kontrol or something.

Woah, were have you been? Well Portland, obviously, but its been many moons since you have been around these parts of the internets.

Portland is a beautiful city. Hope all is well and you are enjoying life up there.

Woah, were have you been? Well Portland, obviously, but its been many moons since you have been around these parts of the internets.

Portland is a beautiful city. Hope all is well and you are enjoying life up there.

I've been working, but lately realizing that I am getting a bit distant from the community. So, I am making some efforts to get back in touch.

As for Portland, we are enjoying it quite a bit. It's a great town with a relaxed culture, reasonable cost of living, decent schools, "fairly" active production community. I can't really ask for more than that. We bought a house and we've been really busy removing the old lady funk and wallpaper from the home.

We're coming down to an AEPDX meeting soon. See you then, I hope.

We'll have to wear name tags Todd. People will mistake us for each other, cuz.. ya know.. we look so much alike.

Oh, I thought you meant the REAL Portland (Maine). ;)

WHUT EVAH.

I'm looking to move out there this summer. I was visiting last month. Met up with quite a few people in the design "scene." All good people. I am a Detroit-native, via LA, via NYC. My wife seems to think we need some sort of job connection before hauling out there, but I got a good feeling from the companies I met with that freelancing there sounds promising and doable.

I've also been thinking about moving up there from Santa Cruz. Worked in the Bay Area here for a while and I'm burnt on the scene. To many Tech videos.

Coming up there for 5 days August 17th - 21st. Would be down for a PDX meet up!