Sign in to follow this  
jblessing

Share WIPs securely to other designers?

So do any of you know of some site/app like vimeo, behance, etc. that allows you to share WIPs with other designers to get feedback without violating NDAs or a lot of hassle? (and yes I know even doing that may violate some NDAs, but at least it is better than posting it up here or somewhere semi-public).

I know a lot of us work alone on freelance, etc. that could really use another set of eyes on something before it goes out to the client. There's always email I guess, but I'm looking for something quick and easy to post to, in order to get feedback from a select few designers when they have time to check it out. I haven't dug too deep into the latest vimeo/behance/linked in app features lately, but I was just curious what may be out there that people are actually using..

Think you'd have to do something like these guys:

Usually NDAs are pretty strict and you can't show anything revealing the company, logo, copy, audio, etc. So you'd have to remove info like that before posting. Vimeo allows for a lot of good privacy, so your video doesn't get posted where it doesn't belong. You can have it only being able to viewed through a link, have a password, or only viewable in an embedded link on a specific website. But that can't stop people from ripping it and doing what they want.

So unless you're sure you won't get in trouble, or have the video connected to your client in any way before its release, I'd say keep it to yourself. Or invite some friends over and have them sign your own NDA form.

Edited by Davor

My two cent. Maybe good choose for start is to create group in skype (for example). You post link there. All members will get link and who has time will post their opinion. Simple, but it confidential, I hope...

Be sure you get an NDA between you and the designer you show first. Screengrabs and whatnot negate any type of online "protection". The person you show can go "oh, wow! cool!", take a screengrab & show their friend who they trust, eventually leading to someone that doesn't even know you.

I wouldn't even do it, especially over the internet. Its one thing if you have someone over or in the office with you and they see it but putting it out there in any form can be easily captured and reposted - even a password protected vimeo, wiredrive, etc.

Its also becoming more and more popular these days to hack into people's online accounts, servers, etc just for the fun of it - and more brownie points if they know they have access to something that nobody is supposed to see yet, which of course will then get posted everywhere its not supposed to be posted.

but hey.... pssst..... www.postspots.com

Edited by AromaKat

really not the point of the conversation...

is anyone getting a cheesy vibe from wipsters marketing efforts?

i mean i think they are working, because if i need a video service to post live notes on, i'll probably got to wipster, but still, digging up such old threads just to self promote... meh... doesn't make me feel thrilled about using their service..

don't know if it is a rip off, but auto-playing music and videos that i can't scrub through make me close a website faster than "you have a virus" banner ads...

is anyone getting a cheesy vibe from wipsters marketing efforts?

i mean i think they are working, because if i need a video service to post live notes on, i'll probably got to wipster, but still, digging up such old threads just to self promote... meh... doesn't make me feel thrilled about using their service..

Hey Vozzz, just saw the post above from 'Yimbo', that's not us (Wipster), it looks like someone on our free account sharing his code to get more upload space. Sorry someone has spammed this place.