Sign in to follow this  
nusferatu

Result node on the view port cinema 4d

Hi guys is there a way to have the result node on the view of cinema 4d?

If i drag to the viewport i have the just the node, but not the information of it, for that i have to go to the xpresso, and see it there.

Is there a way to display this ninformation on the viewport?

Thanks

You can also use the little-known Spy node, which acts like a Result node but with a pass-through you could link to your desired attribute.

[EDIT] Also you could create a User Data entry for your Result/Spy node and drag that onto your Viewport - might make for less clutter in your object manager.

R

Edited by RVA8

It would be a lot easier if you just made a quick Python Result node so you can see the output in the console. Open the python console from the script menu and dock it to your layout.

Create a Python node and it should be as simple as

edit: this would make a "spy" node. To make a result equivalent, just add a line so outputValue = inputValue

print inputname
Edited by C.Smith

WELL, I may stand corrected. It's a mystery to me, but appears the print statement is not outputting to the console like it does in all other uses of Python. Interesting.

EDIT: AHA! Figured it out. Had to delete the unused ports. Then it print to the console just fine. So, this seems like a super easy solution to what you want then, if I may say so.

Edited by C.Smith

WELL, I may stand corrected. It's a mystery to me, but appears the print statement is not outputting to the console like it does in all other uses of Python. Interesting.

EDIT: AHA! Figured it out. Had to delete the unused ports. Then it print to the console just fine. So, this seems like a super easy solution to what you want then, if I may say so.

That always gets me, unused ports. I'll be scrabbling around trying to figure out the problem and thirty minutes later I'll find out it's a simple unused port.