Sign in to follow this  
dotcommer

Spring Delay Effector to Bend Deformer

Is this possible? Currently, I have a bend deformer rolling up a plane into a tube. I'd like to give it a little overshoot when it stops rolling up. I could animate this, but it would be nice to have something dynamic (less keyframes to manipulate when changes need to be done). I thought maybe putting everything into a fracture object then having the delay effector applied to that and set to spring, but I'm not seeing a result. Meanwhile if I throw a cube in there as well, the cube will be effected by the delay effector, so it seems the bend deformer doesn't play nicely with the delay effector. Any ideas?

Effectors don't address deformers. You will have to convert to a normal hierarchy and use XPresso. Refer to this classic by Yader:

vimeo.com/19245852

Mylenium

Edited by Mylenium

Here ya go: www.c4dtools.net/delaypro

This will do what you want. It works with deformers, is even easier than setting up a fracture object/delay effector hierarchy, and it's free to boot. Super cool tool and hopefully if more people know about it, the author will continue to develop it. It mentions working with r12 but I use it with r14 without any problems.

i use two nulls. One is attached to the other with a spring contraint. and then use xpresso to pipe the distance between the two nulls into the bend parameter.