Sign in to follow this  
getSOME

Sony 4k HDtv

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&identifier=S_4KTV

I saw a commercial for this the other day, is there even something that commercially plays 4k? I only do 4k out of FCP and Ae then compress down to 1080... Seems like an overkill for something that the industry hasn't caught up too yet.

4K is useless in most situations as the resolution is too fine for the eyes to detect. Unless your living is rather large.

And also, if 'we' (as in: everybody in broadcasting and related industries) don't work in 4K then it really doesn't matter does it. Even now most of the stuff that is supposed to be 1080P is really a mix of 1080P and 720P or less scaled up because honestly, we can't be bothered can we.

And here comes the main reason why all this resolution hoopla is rather nonsensical: the whole media landscape has been and still is changing not in favour of quality but in diversity. Why do you think all the big players want to be 'that box' in your livingroom?

I really don't need 4K to watch construction workers do Gangnam Style on YouTube on my Lucky Goldstar S5 Elegance HD InterTV Satnav Gamescenter.

OOOPPA GANGNAM STYLE!

I really don't need 4K to watch construction workers do Gangnam Style on YouTube on my Lucky Goldstar S5 Elegance HD InterTV Satnav Gamescenter.

OOOPPA GANGNAM STYLE!

Haha. I had to log in just to thumbs up this one. :D

The bottleneck on the quality of the video content I consume is getting enough Internet bandwidth to fill up my HD screen. A 4K screen would just mean more interpolated pixels.

I don't want 4K until OLED screens can go floor to ceiling and the Net gets a lot faster.