Sign in to follow this  
Guest daktandy

I need reels, and resumes.

Guest headbox
now...on topic.....the man is only looking for people to colab with--talented people..why are you all giving him a hard time??? 

23323[/snapback]

because every person in LA has a great idea, but no money... but has some lame line about how they have a foot in the door and can make it BIG!

We've heard it a thousand times.

Guest daktandy

Wow, I guess I really tickled the bitter nerve. Sorry bout that. You have all nailed the reasons why we are not going through producers, and why we have not pitched this to anyone yet. Because we would rather make something good first. That leaves all the creative power in our hands. If you knew anything about the "business", you would understand that. Once the pilot is complete, and it will be completed, then we shop it around and it makes some festival circuits. But honestly that is down the line. Right now we are looking for a person who just wants to see what we are doing and then talk about the possibility of a collaboration. At that point we can discuss financial compensation, which is absolutely in our plans, but that would determined at that time. Right now we just want to gage what is out there. If you want to check out my brother Mark's site at: scenic-drive.com, please do,. You can also see a number of jobs that he has worked on as both an editor and a director at Motion Theory website:motiontheory.com, which I believe is being revamped. Other than that I can only say that if I sound like I not a professional industry person it is because I am not, I am not a producer, not do I care to be one or associated with one at this time. I am the writer and creator of this project. As for those of you that remain spooked, and bitter, I can only say that I feel sorry for you, that is a yucky place to be, and it only feeds on itself.

Guest nama rupa

daktandy,

it sounds like you should just go through the reels on this site and find a company or artist that you like and approach them directly instead of waiting for volunteers from random job postings.

Tweens blog is also a great place for reels:

http://justincone.com/tween/

Also if you are going to continue with posts like this you might want to find style references so we artist know what you are looking for. From what I gathered so far is sounds like you are looking for more of a character designer/animator an a mograph artist. Also learn the terminlogy we use so communication is easier. Sounds like your bro can help you with this. Actually sounds like your bro needs to be more active in this process. Consult with him. Have him look at this thread and get direction on how to proceed in a constructive way.

Also is this a 2D, 3D, or cel animation job? Your reference to simpsons and south park sort of help but doesnt clarify much since they both use different methods, at least from what I know if the production process of both these series?

Good luck with your project

Guest pixelthief
If you knew anything about the "business", you would understand that. 

23356[/snapback]

Sorry, but if you knew anything about the business then this thread would've been a lot shorter.

Spooked and bitter? Don't know what you mean. I assure you that you'd likely have more than a few of the talented peeps that come here interested in your project if you didn't insist on acting so shady.

It's okay. Chalk it up to learning on your part. Next time you'll know that this just isn't the way to get people on board.

Guest SermonOfMockery

just wanted to say that daktandy seems like a good guy and doesn't deserve any abuse... this project is something i personally would be hesitant to take on for less than 5 or 6 figures, but he doesn't seem like a slimey dude that's trying to take advantage of anyone.

Guest govinda

Hear hear!

There will always be posts with people looking for spec partners.

There will always be outraged responses.

The world spins on its axis.

Guest igorschmigor

No response has really been outraged yet. Just cautious. It's always wise to remain a little paranoid on the internet. Especially if you think about investing months of unpaid work. For example, why has scenic-drive.com been registered through domainsbyproxy.com? A service that lets people register a domain without having their name on the whois-database? Ahh... there it comes again ... taking control of me ................PARANOIAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest igorschmigor

P.S.: whatever, you do sound very reasonable and i wish you good luck with your project. May it win many prizes and be broadcast allover the world.

... but still, domainsbyproxy??? Pfff... whatthehell? His name is on the site, why hide it in the whois database?

Guest igorschmigor

Gimble lock? What do you mean by that? That it's spinning in the wrong direction? That it's totally out of control? That it can't rotate any further? Something completely different? Too many intellectuals here for my simple mind to cope with. Please only use these words from now on: good, bad, right, wrong, yes, no.

Btw. isn't it gimbal lock?

Edited by igorschmigor

Guest SermonOfMockery

couldnt we really eliminate "right" and "wrong" and just use good and bad? i feel like it leaves too much gray area.

Guest pixelthief

To be fair, that domains by proxy thing is pushed by lots of companies that do domain registrations. I used it because I'm no corporation and don't want my home phone #/address hanging out there for all to see. I wouldn't hold that against anyone.

Guest SermonOfMockery
right.

OOps, my bad.

23394[/snapback]

you mean "good" i think?

Guest igorschmigor
To be fair, that domains by proxy thing is pushed by lots of companies that do domain registrations. I used it because I'm no corporation and don't want my home phone #/address hanging out there for all to see. I wouldn't hold that against anyone.

I see. Okay. Sure. No problem.

I can't wait to see the new motion theory site. The old one was already one of my favorites. I heard they've done a lot of great work since their last update.

Edited by igorschmigor

Guest igorschmigor
you mean "good" i think?

23399[/snapback]

What i actually meant was "boolean intersection".