Sign in to follow this  
jadacreata

Multiple Items in Null, Multiple Nulls, Random Effector?

Hey guys and gals,

So im stumped on how to create this random animation without having to do it by hand.

The project is as follows:

I have extruded text that has been cut up into blocks and each block has a different word on it created with motext. There are about 150 blocks total and each block/text is in their own null.

I want to use a plain/random effector to distribute the blocks from the sky to the ground in a stacking order.

When I try to set all the blocks in a fracture object and apply the effectors (with fracture object set to explode segments) the text disconnects from its block.

Do i really need to connect and delete each block down to one object or is there a work around?

Thanks,

J

Explode and connect doesn't work.

I ended making the text and extruded block editable and connecting and deleting it. It took less time then surfing around for a work around.

Im still interested in hearing a work around for that kind of thing.

I did however stumble across the wonder world of: R-Click / select all children

That helped a ton with selecting everything rather then expanding each null and its children. haha. i never knew about that.. All these years wasted. :-(

Save yourself years more of of right clicking and searching for that command in the huge dropdown...

Middle click something, all it's children are now also selected.

I ended making the text and extruded block editable and connecting and deleting it.

...or you could just have used the good old Connect object that's the sole ingredient that was missing from your setup all the time?

Mylenium

...or you could just have used the good old Connect object that's the sole ingredient that was missing from your setup all the time?Mylenium

Where would I place the connect object?

Save yourself years more of of right clicking and searching for that command in the huge dropdown...

Middle click something, all it's children are now also selected.

I use a tablet. I guess I could change the pen click settings but its so much if a commitment. Haha

there are so many keyboard shortcuts that I never use, so I've swapped a bunch to suit my needs. I haven't yet (but I'm gonna!) set a new keyboard shortcut for select all children, but it might help make things easier with the tablet. Are there gestures that you could set with the pen as well? That's a whole new can of worms I haven't tried.

good luck though, can't wait to see the final result!