Sign in to follow this  
jblessing

Size of Mograph community?

This was brought up in another thread, but I thought we could expand on it here. How big is the mograph community? USA and global? 500? 5000? Has anyone seen any real data on this lately?

And no, I don't know exactly how to define this (if they use AE, # of C4D licences, etc...) because I don't know how whoever may have collected data on this has defined things.

I'd be curious to know but I don't think there is anyway to tell, or any organization interested in doing a serious study/survey of this.

If you are looking at professionals I would probably say someone who earns 25% or more of their income from mograph work. I figure roughly 25% even though it's pretty arbitrary because I would still, count print, web, VFX, Editors, who also do a good chunk of Mograph work as part of the community.

I'd like to know this too. It would be rather difficult to separate the different categories though as I'm sure a lot of artists out there dabble in a bit of mograph, a bit of print, a bit of vfx... Would be neat to see how many though.