Sign in to follow this  
AromaKat

Adobe CC Update

I'm seeing reports that the update is available for download, but we just updated our workstations through the application manager and everything is still CS6. AE v 11.0.2

Anyone else having the same experience?

Come and get it!

If you tried before now (between 8PM and 11PM Pacific Time) and had problems, it may be because you started downloading before all of the files were ready. Please try again. You may need to clear your browser cache and restart your browser if you got a premature set of files.

I love it!

Only thing is that C4D's sky objects don't seem to work with Cineware. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by highfive

Downloading it now, but a bit disappointed you have to get new copies of the CC apps as well as the CS6 if you are currently on the subscription service. One problem I am already thinking of is that I would prefer not to have two copies of all my plugins and scripts or even not have to set up preference and scratch disks for all of the programs again. Its a big pain.

I thought I saw something about this on Twitter from someone yesterday as a work around but hoping to find some answers here.... Todd maybe? Thanks all

One problem I am already thinking of is that I would prefer not to have two copies of all my plugins and scripts ...

I put an alias/shortcut in certain plug-ins and scripts folders for the new version that point to the corresponding directories for the older version. That way, the new version loads the plug-ins and scripts from the same location as the older version does. Be careful to not put the alias/shortcut at the top level of the main plug-ins folder, or else you'll get duplicate plug-in warnings for all of the stock plug-ins.

I mention this technique here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/06/plug-ins-for-after-effects-cc-12-0.html

Thanks Todd -- I must be a bit slow this AM or not enough coffee, can you post a pic maybe of what you mean? That would be awesome

(On a Mac) Say for Optical Flares, I just made an alias of the Optical Flares folder in my plug ins folder (of CS6) and dropped it into my CC plug ins folder.

For Trapcode stuff I downloaded their updater. All seems to work ok.

I'm not able to import Quicktimes into After Effects CC

Anyone else have this?

Says the filetype is unsupported or damaged.

Edit: Fixed it by removing components from Quicktime folder in Library.

Edited by simonfarussell

I'm having a similar issue with QTs as simonfarussell. What did you remove from the library folder?

I can't render to QTs from AE CC. CS6 still works fine on that machine. I've tried several things, including turning off mutli-processing and got it to render 1 test file...turned it back on and no luck...then turned it back off and still no luck. Did the usual repair permissions, update everything, etc. It also seems to not want to import h264 qts either.

Anyone else having this issue? Have working subscription based CS6 on my computer. I've tried to download the CC app from the adobe site, and it launches the AAM. AAM doesn't include a download option for the CC manager app thing, but does give the option to download each of the CC version apps (AFX CC, PS CC, etc). The downloads fail almost immediately for all apps.

I did a little reading, and it seems that others have wiped their CS6 versions away before trying to install CC. I'm not willing to do that until I can have a fully-functioning version of CC on my computer to work with.

Any help?

Anyone else having this issue? Have working subscription based CS6 on my computer. I've tried to download the CC app from the adobe site, and it launches the AAM. AAM doesn't include a download option for the CC manager app thing, but does give the option to download each of the CC version apps (AFX CC, PS CC, etc). The downloads fail almost immediately for all apps.

I did a little reading, and it seems that others have wiped their CS6 versions away before trying to install CC. I'm not willing to do that until I can have a fully-functioning version of CC on my computer to work with.

Any help?

Launch your usual AAM for CS6. It should update itself, allowing you to update both your CS6 and install CC apps. After it updates, you will notice a little chain link looking thing (in windows its in your taskbar. I assume it would be at the top right by the clock in OS X) Thats how it worked for our machines.

Update: Seems related to our Kona 3 QT drivers. Took all the AJA* components out of the Library/QT folder and it renders fine. No preview out anymore though...

Edited by jblessing

Yes, there is a known problem with AJA QuickTime components conflicting with the use of QuickTime in After Effects CC (12.0). AJA is aware of the issue and will be releasing new QuickTime components.

Not sure which Component was causing it. Can't be bothered to test them all, I just left in the ones I actually use. Had loads that I've acquired over the years.

"Seamless client safe hand offs or with limitations?" - I wouldn't like to say, haven't used it that much and have had the Quicktime hickups... seems ok but still early. I'd stick with CS6 just to be safe.

Any help?

I had that same issue, to work around it I deleted adobe application manger, restarted my computer, and downloaded cc cloud direct link. it will automatically do the same thing (open adobe app manager but it actually downloaded it without errors). So my guess would be to just restart and try again. Didn't make much sense, but it worked for me

I'm really looking forward to spending my valuable time seeking work arounds and hacks, all while getting whacked with a monthly fee for the rest of my life.

Well, not really.

I love it!

Only thing is that C4D's sky objects don't seem to work with Cineware. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

I found a solution In case anyone else runs into this problem. From a Maxon rep: "Cineware currently can't parse paths to textures stored in a content library (starting with preset://). Try using the "Save Project with Assets" command to save the project file and any textures to a new folder, and link that project file in Cineware."