Sign in to follow this  
Guest SermonOfMockery

FUCKING USA

Guest clintvideo

Pretty much echoes what we've heard from the Democrats for the past five years...

Clint

Guest headbox

Ironic that they are asking the USA why they can't say what they want, when it's Kim Jong Il driving their country into starvation. Yes, blame democracy for the failures of communism.

Guest parallax

Performance: 8

Lyrics: 2.3

composition and arrangement: 6.5

Visuals: 4.5

Originality: 6-

overall, a 1 star rating.

Guest igorschmigor

:lol:

great find.

Very subtle, highly intellectual propaganda.

I think i should move to North Korea, the standards for motion graphics seem low enough for me to make a start. Plus i get paid for bush-bashing. PARADISE!

No, actually i'm tired of bashing that poor lad. The situation in iraq seems to improve more and more, Bush came on a friendly happy cuddle-european-friends tour ... I start to believe that his second term might be less terrible than i feared.

Btw. I think that cheap propaganda-style will be the hottest shiznit in design in 2007. How do i know? I don't. But it would be cool if i could say one day "Ha! I already said it 2 years ago". Nobody will remember if i'm wrong. ;)

Guest govinda

What a piece of poo-poo. I can't believe they tried to pluck the heartstrings with the Apollo Anton Ono controversy from the Olympics, how blatantly manipulative is that? If St. Francis of Assisi was president, they'd be going at him in it with the Satan stuff (but minuse the funky chimp-morph). By California or any blue standards I'm a dead centrist, so no, not for me.

But to get it straight, the story is that this was made in N. Korea and broadcast by them into S. Korea, so it's not N. Korea blaming anyone for their own ills, it's them trying to drive a wedge in the US/SK relationship, which is a little more sinister.

Guest igorschmigor

By the way, i really love America. Just to make sure that you don't get the wrong impression.

And Bush, well... actually we germans love strong leaders who didn't get elected democratically. ;)

Guest pakman

The Times just raved about a new documentary "Gunner Palace"

Opens this week-end.

About soldiers in Baghdad who do danger missions by day, and hole up in

Uday Hussein's old palace with all the opulence and amenities.

Guest govinda

Gunner Palace, can't wait. Just shows how 'Three Kings' was so ahead of its time. If 'Kings' didn't end with such a clanker it'd go down as a really great, really strung out film.

Guest rockaway

The Gunner Palace trailer with the punkrock music and fast editing reminds me of an old antihero or think skateboard video...Good stuff.

Guest coen
The Gunner Palace trailer with the punkrock music and fast editing reminds me of an old antihero or think skateboard video...Good stuff.

23167[/snapback]

Reminds me of team america....fuck yeah

Guest headbox
And Bush, well... actually we germans love strong leaders who didn't get elected democratically.  ;)

23158[/snapback]

Hmm, didn't pay attention to the 2004 election eh?

Guest headbox

I'm actually starting on a mini-documentary on my Brother, who's been to both Afghanistan and Iraq, and is going back to Iraq next month. Rumsfeld was kind enough to extend his enlistment contract by 6 months ("stop-loss") so he could go off to war again. My inspiration was all of the negative coverage of shithead National Guard prison guards, whiny Army Reserve truck drivers, roadside bombs, and liberal sensationalist media only covering the body count.

He has a lot of stories and pictures of both places and this next trip he's bringing a video camera. I think people need to see the other side of things- soldiers protecting and helping people, food and supplies being delivered, Iraqis lining up to volunteer for city projects, kids cheering as hummers roll by, training of the new Iraqi army, etc.

This is a pic of an old lady who stood outside a checkpoint all day and would first give you the finger, then lift up her skirt and...

wackyiraqi.jpg

Guest igorschmigor

Yes, there is a positive side to it too. Just tell him not to torture anyone while he's there. ;) Kidding again. Thumbs up for humanitarian help. Send him my best wishes.

Edit: corrected a spelling mistake.

Edited by igorschmigor

Guest SermonOfMockery

headbox, i seriously think thats a great idea and would love to see it.

Guest pixelthief
Pretty much echoes what we've heard from the Democrats for the past five years...

23121[/snapback]

Speaking of echoes, I swear I just heard rush limbaugh.

Clint

There it was again!

Guest headbox

Even though I lean to the right on most things, Rush is a dipshit. No one is always right. Getting busted for drugs was the funniest thing ever.

He's a Mac user by the way.