Sign in to follow this  
saifsohailkhan

Motext Texture

I have the motext animating and the texture is applied but does not want to stay in place. The Motext is being effected and I want a texture on C1 to stick to the side. It is being applied to C1 but not sticking to C1. What should I use?

Blowout_Intro_V2_0702_0034.png

I tried stick texture tag already. That does not work on a mograph object. Well at the least it does not work on Motext. From what I have read Stick texture tag is useful when the skin is being animated. I am effecting the motext with effectors so the actual polygons are not moving.

Capture.pngThis is a part of the final image what it should look like.

Edited by saifsohailkhan

I guess it has not been addressed yet. Making it editable is an option but I wanted to keep the random animation I made. If I make it editable it will be different so that is the problem. I have researched it enough so I think I will make it editable now.

If you're using a Modifier to do the random animation you can still keep it and just apply it to your Fracture object. Just "make it editable" to the text in it's normal original state, then put it in a fracture object and give it the modifiers.

Kind of like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x42d85j51uu6xfl/MoText.c4d

Hope that helps.

Blowout_Intro_V1_0708_0220.png

This is the final result somewhat effective I had to make them editable which works. But I had to give up on the texture continuity. I am happy with the final result. Need to color correct it in after effects.

P.S. The pattern is much more visible at 1920. This is 640.