Sign in to follow this  
sbmotiondesign

Trapcode Particular: Maximum comp size?

Does anyone know if particular has a maximum comp/layer size that the effect can be applied too? I'm working on a project for a very large screen, 25600 x 720, and particular isn't working at that scale, just a black screen.

I can think of some workarounds, slicing things up etc, but just curious if there is a maximum size and if anyone knows what it is.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm able to work at half scale, 15k by 360, but much bigger than that and it breaks.

This little bit from the other thread sounds interesting...

"You have to raise the FAR VANISH and FAR START FADE values to 100.000 and the particles will be visible again, even if you use a 30.000 pixel wide solid for your particular effect.
The reason: when you make a comp with 30.000 pixels wide and create a particle emitter the emitters position will be ZERO at the z-axis.
BUT the invisible standard camera (if you didnt create one by yourself will be at -30.000 in z-axis and because particulars standard values are 19.000 for FAR START FADE and 20.000 for FAR VANISH, the particles which are emitted will be outside the visible area of the camera. By raising this values to the maximum (50.000 should be enough thou) the particles get visible again."

I'll take a look when I'm back in the office, Thanks for the link!

So I think I figured out a workaround that will work for me... hopefully this solution comes in handy for someone in the future who needs to render out a large scale seamless comp using particular.

My intended output resolution is 25,600 x 720. I'm able to work at this resolution using motion preview mode, found under the rendering drop-down section of the effect control. Once I was happy with my particles, I reduced the comp width by half to 12,800 x 720 and justified my 25,600 x 720 solid particular layer to the left side of the comp. Now at half the width, I'm able to render using full render mode and output the left side of my comp. I then justified my particular layer to the right side and rendered out the second half of my comp. They stitch together perfectly.

I think you can do a similar thing using the world offset but this worked for me!