Sign in to follow this  
getSOME

Issues with Adobe AE CC and Cuda/Blackmagic?

I have tried everything, but i have an issue with playback of video and audio in CC (not registering blackmagic audio, not working under 'system preference') and now every time i try to import .mov's it says

"AE Error:: file"blahblah" cannot be imported - this 'MooV' is damaged or Corrupted."

This happens with ALL .mov's and they work fine in cs6. My specs are

Mac Pro early 2009 v 10.7.5
nvidia GeForce GTX 285
Cuda driver version : 5.0.59 ( i tried downgrading from the latest update, didnt change a thing)
Black Magic Decklink HD Extreme 3 v 9.7.5

Now I think it's a problem with my blackmagic Decklink, but they havent put a new update out yet, do you know if there is a work around?

I have tried.

1 - uninstalling black magic, and creative cloud > reinstall adobe reinstall balckmagic
2 - uninstalling black magic, and creative cloud > reinstall balckmagic reinstall adobe
3 - uninstall adobe > reninstall adobe
4 - uninstall blackmagic > reinstall blackmagic
5 - install later drivers for blackmagic and Cuda card.

Cs6 still works fine, so i just work in that still, has anyone heard of this happening to anyone else? I could only find people having this issue in premier.

-R

The problem is that the QuickTime vout (video out) system on Mac OSX is interacting badly with the QT32 Server component that After Effects uses to interact with QuickTime files, causing the QT32 Server component to crash. When this component crashes, After Effects will report an error about QuickTime failing, and the details of this message will differ depending on what kind of interaction with QuickTime it's trying to do.

The recent AJA drivers fix this problem, but the recent BlackMagic drivers don't. That's not saying that this is BlackMagic's fault; rather, they just haven't worked around the problem like AJA have.

We're working on an update now that will patch this problem in the near term, and we're going to stop using the flaky QuickTime vout system as soon as possible, so that we don't have this problem.

Anyone who is having problems with QuickTime in After Effects CC (12.0) should send as much detail as possible---especially about third-party video hardware and drivers installed---in a bug report:

http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

This will help us to isolate the problem and make sure that we're fixing it for everyone.

I've had this issue as well.

I solved it, for now, by removing some of the .component-files in the <Macintosh HD>/Library/Quicktime folder. I am not at my work-computer right now, so I can't remember which ones I removed.

I then rebooted the computer, and everything has been working fine in AE CC since. I am using the latest drivers from Blackmagic 9.7.7 as well, no probs.

seems to be working, thanks

Random dumb question, just so i don't flood that thread with not as important information.

The DVCPROHDVideooutput file, does that enable video playback through monitor? Basically would i need this file for Final cut?

Edited by getSOME