Sign in to follow this  
NastyJames

Particular Pop, no lock...

Hey all, I need some help ASAP.

I've got some snow falling in about 6 different particular layers, and it all glitchy popping on and off screen. I'm using a cloudlet, but switched to a sphere and had the same results.

I've googled, but all I'm finding is issues with custom particles.

If anybody has any insight, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm bald and haven't even got any hair to pull out...

This by no means fixes the problem but have you tried, emptying you cache, restarting or even just copying the effect to a new solid?

Sounds stupid but the same thing happens to me with 3D Stroke. Sometimes trapcode products just glitch out on my end the same way you described and usually one or a combination of those does the trick.

Sorry for such a half asses answer but hope that helps.

Thanks Joe, Yeah I purged everything, restarted, got rid of the cloudlets and the shading. No dice. This is a pretty complex scene (by my standards anyway), and I can't really just copy over to a new solid. Plus its happening on multiple layers anyway. I'm at my wits end. I'm moving the files to a different computer right now and keeping my fingers crossed.

Got frustrated, ended up rebuilding. Working so far. The layers that were flickering were scaled up by 150 percent. Maybe this has something to do with it. IDK, but this sucked. I didn't feel like sleeping tonight anyway.

Grundly, I don't think its a processing issue. I purged everything, tried another computer, nothing worked.

Have you checked the visibility settings? Maybe the falloff for “near vanish” is to small. Also “opacity over life” might help. (just in case it's not a software bug).