Sign in to follow this  
AromaKat

Dove: Anti-Photoshop Campaign

This campaign actually makes me pretty angry. They are really going to take a jab at designers....really. Dove is owned by unilever so they also own Axe body spray and a million other brands that promote "fake" beauty. So hypocritical, if they cared one iota about this stuff they would clean up their own act.

I know it's just more bullshit advertising and I shouldn't take it seriously but it really rubs me the wrong way. Those in glass houses should not cast stones etc.

I give Dove PR props for that online campaign they did a few months ago with the police sketch artist, but this is total shit. The level of smug is stratospheric. I also feel they are targeting the wrong person. Designers do it because they are paid by someone who eventually will publish that photo. Is it the designer's fault he good at something someone asked him to do? They are making the "worker bee" the scapegoat and then gloating how they BUSTED them. Whole thing is so arbitrary and mis-directed. They just know that "Photoshop" is now the word every woman knows replacing "Airbrushed" so they attack that. What's next? An infiltration of Adobe's offices and attack the PS software coders as they sip on Red Bull?

Utterly and totally stupid - from both sides. That's like accusing a news cutter for chopping together 10 second snippets and at the same time claiming the original 3 minute recording on a mobile phone cam and recompressed and streamed a dozen times via the web would be "authentic" and representative of the real events... All media is manipulated/ manipulative. There can be no such thing as a 100% accurate and objective representation in any media that involves technical devices - intentionally or unintentionally.

Mylenium

This campaign actually makes me pretty angry. They are really going to take a jab at designers....really. Dove is owned by unilever so they also own Axe body spray and a million other brands that promote "fake" beauty. So hypocritical, if they cared one iota about this stuff they would clean up their own act.

I know it's just more bullshit advertising and I shouldn't take it seriously but it really rubs me the wrong way. Those in glass houses should not cast stones etc.

I give Dove PR props for that online campaign they did a few months ago with the police sketch artist, but this is total shit. The level of smug is stratospheric. I also feel they are targeting the wrong person. Designers do it because they are paid by someone who eventually will publish that photo. Is it the designer's fault he good at something someone asked him to do? They are making the "worker bee" the scapegoat and then gloating how they BUSTED them. Whole thing is so arbitrary and mis-directed. They just know that "Photoshop" is now the word every woman knows replacing "Airbrushed" so they attack that. What's next? An infiltration of Adobe's offices and attack the PS software coders as they sip on Red Bull?

Utterly and totally stupid - from both sides. That's like accusing a news cutter for chopping together 10 second snippets and at the same time claiming the original 3 minute recording on a mobile phone cam and recompressed and streamed a dozen times via the web would be "authentic" and representative of the real events... All media is manipulated/ manipulative. There can be no such thing as a 100% accurate and objective representation in any media that involves technical devices - intentionally or unintentionally.

Mylenium

This is like getting mad at the bullet for hurting you when you got shot. Take aim (no pun intended) at the real problem.

Join the fight against the manipulation of the gullible by manipulating the gullible even further....$$$$

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Infuriating almost. And i say this as both a creative & designer.