Sign in to follow this  
slrmsmcknz

AE Creative Cloud and Cineware

Hi All,

Like many of you, I've recently transferred from CS6 to Creative Cloud. I do most of my work using a combination of C4D and After Effects so it was a pretty easy decision. So far I can't complain but now that I am nearing the completion of my first large scale project using CC I've encountered a problem that I was curious if anyone else ran into.

I'm using the Cineware Module to import animated 3D elements as a part of a music video. Once imported I drop them in a comp and set the Renderer to "Standard (Draft)" to save time while working. Ive done this in between 75-100 instances through out the video. Now the video is almost done and I'd like to render a full quality draft. The only problem is that there doesn't seem to be a way to globally update the Cineware layers within the project (which are comp'd and pre-comp'd, used as Mattes etc) from "Standard (Draft)" to "Standard (Final)".

Did I miss a simple button? It definitely seems like this is a feature that should exist. Going back through all the comp / pre-comps and manually selecting the correct Renderer could take hours / days.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

This is the closest that exists:

"Click the Apply To All button to apply the settings in the current instance of the CINEWARE effect to all other instances of the effect in the composition for layers that refer to the same .c4d source."

from this page:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/04/details-of-cinema-4d-integration-with-after-effects.html

Edited by Todd Kopriva

I don't think there is such a button, but it's certainly something you could post to twitter to see if Maxon or Adobe responds too.

Oh, please, dear God, don't go to Twitter with things like this. I hate Twitter. I would much rather respond to you here on a forum, where we can have conversations that are easy to follow, and in which each piece can be more than 140 characters.

apply to all is hadny but only applies to the cineware instance in the comp so if you have two cineware models in your comp i think you would need todo it for each,tbh i would render out each pre comp, probably be quicker and give you some redundancy - you could use expressions....but you can't as at the moment you can't add expressions to chinaware, can i report that as 'I know it is not actually a bug but can we have expressions please' todd :)