Sign in to follow this  
daveglanz

Harry Frank // Graymachine - give this guy a hand!

Shit, everyone on this board owes Harry something. Although it's Firemind's board and Sao is probably the spiritual leader, Harry has spent years running this joint and helping out. Everyone should stop and throw something at Harry now. He is a shining example of your mograph brethren.

Aw man, this blows.

Ditto what Chris said.

Harry has been one of the most helpful and generous members of this community... and all with that killer Harry Frank smile.

Please give what you can.

Keep smilin'

Best of luck Harry.

:)

-m

Absolutely, reading and watching Harry's 'community work' was instrumental in my early days (along with these above ↑ and others)

looks like he has a great start already, lets get him there!

Thank you guys. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

It's not easy to be standing on the corner with a tin cup. I've been slapped with a lot of challenges in my life, and usually I could just dig deep and take care of it. But this time, it's not a couple hundred dollar medical bill, or a preschool tuition payment, stupid crazy LA rent.

My wife and I added up all the co-pays and co-insurance, flights, hotels, hired help during my recovery, and it's somewhere around $50,000. We both kind had tears in our eyes. "Sell the house? Pull the kids out of school? Take on another job?" I am all for digging in and getting shit done when I need to, but when my family is in jeopardy, I had to swallow my pride a little and ask for help. I don't have any way of doing this alone.

This will be TREMENDOUS motivation for me to get more free stuff going. Trust me, I've been busy making stuff that will come out layer this year, but it hasn't been tutorial related.

I love you all. I send you my hugs and chest bumps and fist bumps and salutes. The support is overwhelming. It all means more to me than you will ever know.

Sorry to hear about your medical problems, Harry. Hope everything goes smoothly.

I've had a lot of medical bills in the past and word of advice If I could. Whatever you receive from the giveforward site, don't put it all towards your bills all at once. Spread it out as long as you can. As long as you talk to them and get on some kind of payment plan, they won't send it to collections or force payment. Even when you DO arrange a payment plan with them, you can still pay less than the minimum monthly payment, as long as you send something and they see there's an effort to pay. There's no interest on it either, so it's not a bad thing to spread it out over years.

Might help relieve some of the stress.

Shit, everyone on this board owes Harry something. Although it's Firemind's board and Sao is probably the spiritual leader, Harry has spent years running this joint and helping out. Everyone should stop and throw something at Harry now. He is a shining example of your mograph brethren.

Exactly this.

I hope everything turns out well for you, Harry.

I guess a little Meth cooking is not an option? ;-) Know the feeling. Going from bad to worse every day with my own health issues and those last 3 years have chnaged a lot... Good luck on whatever you have ahead of you!

Mylenium