Sign in to follow this  
destro

ADOBE hacked

Guest Sao_Bento

Nothing about Adobe has ever made me think they would be capable of doing a good job at providing an always-on web service. Not only did the hackers steal user IDs and credit card numbers, they stole source code. I guess this is where that web marketing place they bought kicks in to try and suppress/spin what a huge fuck-up this is. Put my source files on your servers, you say? No thanks.

Is it just me, or is the worst part of this the fact that they were hacked like 2 months ago and never said anything about it, until someone just randomly found the info on a server and they were forced to admit it.

They could have announced it the day of and had all their members aware of it so they could change passwords, credit card info, etc...

I didn't realise this happened in mid-August. So some dirtwad has had my credit card details and password and whatever else since then and I didn't know because Adobe kept it under their hat?

For fucks sake.

I wonder how many people, like myself, would have gladly upgraded our boxed CS6 to boxed CS7 or whatever...but have decided not to upgrade due to this CC nonsense. Not everyone needs the latest and greatest. Plus, by switching it from a boxed product to a subscription based service, they just threw a wrench into the process by which government users are able to purchase their products. It's MUCH easier to purchase a piece of software than it is to get the accounting and legal departments going back and forth on subscription contract terms, etc.

Certainly this CC thing has got to be costing Adobe a lot more money than just the cost of setting up the service.

Use a password manager and a unique password for each and every website / service.

I use mSecure and love it, but considering its $10-$20 for each phone / machine it might be worth checking out others. Just stay away from something that is also cloud based, and make sure its cross-platform... just in case.

The Photoshop source code was also stolen along with Acrobat & Cold Fusion.

That's probably premature. At this point most definitely only a handful of people at Adobe know what actually was stolen in what amounts. He's merely speculating on the contents of a file that he wasn't able to crack. Getting your code stolen under your nose is definitely not smart and I'm sure heads will roll at Adobe, but it's an open question whether it's of any use to anyone or represents a further threat in itself. it may sound grim, but as it stands I'd still be mostly concerned about the leaked customer data.

Mylenium